Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: romanian to english
DaciaClub - Forum Dacia > English Corner > General Discussion
fmohiy
dear all,
i see that there are a lot of interesting topics about the logan in the romanian part of the forum. but as i don't know romanian i can't read them. does anyone here know of a free translation site (like altavista) that can translate from romanian to english? thanks for your help.
Boris
Here's one link

But it works so slow that I have given up on that one.

Here's some dictionaries

http://www.ectaco.co.uk/English-Romanian-Dictionary/

http://www.lingvosoft.com/English-Romanian-Dictionary/

Google is great help smile.gif
adso
for you, all romanians out there... try boris' link with "doua ciori stau pe gard".

the outcome is sensational.

sorry for the off-topic.

LE: "mama ta e o mare proasta" is even better.

even LE: everything works just the same. unfortunately, that website is worthless.
stalpabo
indeed, adso, unuseful

for instance: romanian "calitate proastã" (meaning "bad quality") is translated with "quality fresh". blink.gif

Conclusions: bad translation, bad words order = don't use anymore that links!!!
My Berlina
I haven't found an online translator that actually is acurate, but you can use this online dictionary.
MoneyTalks
QUOTE(fmohiy @ 17 Nov 2005, 09:03)
dear all,
i see that there are a lot of interesting topics about the logan in the romanian part of the forum. but as i don't know romanian i can't read them. does anyone here know of a free translation site (like altavista) that can translate from romanian to english? thanks for your help.

Unfortunately there is not (and there will not be in near future, meaning next 20 years) such a translator. Why? Simple, because Romanian language is not logic, I mean it has no logic rules as English. You can put a phrase parts in any order you like and you still get a correct meaning. If there is no order in composing a phrase, people say "it's poetic" icon_mrgreen.gif

Therefore, if you like some particular post to be translated or explained, I suggest you to ask. You can ask by "report"-ing the post to moderators and write in the "complain" that you would like a translation if possible. For the Logan area, whenever possible, I would try to do it for you.

Hint. If you want to save your money, DO NOT buy ANY Romanian -> English or whatever translator. It is only waste of your money! excl.gif A dictionary is someting different, but in many situations you will loose at least half of the meaning of the text.
dizzy
Another idea is to copy here the text you are interested in.
We will do our best to help you, not just the moderators team.
They have a lot of work to do and a life to live.
My Berlina
QUOTE(dizzy @ 23 Nov 2005, 15:20)
Another idea is to copy here the text you are interested in.

Yes, that's a good idea. You will definetly get an accurate translation.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.