Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: winter tyres dimensions
DaciaClub - Forum Dacia > English Corner > Dacia Logan English Corner
DenNy
I want to mount winter tyres on my Logan. I have factory 185/65/15 tyres.
Is it problem to mount 195/65/15 on my front wheels-only. Disadvantages or advantages............mounting this dimension of tyres.
195/65/15 tyre is on sale, unfortunatelly they do not have dimesion 185
Manuel
I have Firestone Winterhawk 195/65 R15. Technically, there are no problems and they are more comfortable because of higher talon. Your speedometer will record approx. 3% lower speed. (97 km/h instead 100 km/h). But, you must be carefully about your local police, they could penalize you for bigger size of tyres.
DenNy
QUOTE(M@nuel @ 18 Nov 2005, 11:07)
I have Firestone Winterhawk 195/65 R15. Technically, there are no problems and they are more comfortable because of higher talon. Your speedometer will record approx. 3% lower speed. (97 km/h instead 100 km/h). But, you must be carefully about your local police, they could penalize you for bigger size of tyres.

Thank you. Is there higher noise, or consumption? Maybee problem that I want to change only fornt tyres. And they would be bigger than those rear
Manuel
Well, yes. Not much. But it is normal.
My advice: try to buy 4 tyres. Two are not enough.
b64chr
Winter tyres is better to be narrow, for keeping contact with asphalt.
Large width tyres will decrease performances on snow road.
DenNy
QUOTE(M@nuel @ 18 Nov 2005, 11:40)

Well, I do not have enogh money for all 4 tyres now sad.gif
But it is good price for these tyres. In Metro 195/65/15 winterA tyre about 46,5 eur
http://www.tigarmh.tigar.com/tigarmh/products.php?pid=26906
Question: On Logan"s factory aluminium 15" whell 195/65/15 tyre dimension fits with out of problem?

Winter tyres is better to be narrow, for keeping contact with asphalt.
Large width tyres will decrease performances on snow road.

Here in Vojvodina/Serbia we do not have much snow during winter. But temperature often goes down near -20/-25C
Manuel
QUOTE(DenNy @ 18 Nov 2005, 13:25)
Question: On Logan"s factory aluminium 15" whell 195/65/15 tyre  dimension fits with out of problem?

Yes! No problems.
Codrin
Question: On Logan"s factory aluminium 15" whell 195/65/15 tyre  dimension fits with out of problem?

Yes, they fit just fine.
DenNy
QUOTE(Codrin @ 18 Nov 2005, 12:38)
Yes, they fit just fine.

Thanks Codrin and M@nuel....I"m going today to change them.
Manuel
You're welcome!
b64chr
Well, I do not have enogh money for all 4 tyres now  sad.gif 
Here in Vojvodina/Serbia we do not have much snow during winter. But temperature often goes down near -20/-25C

So, you want winter tyres for better performances on low temperature, not for snow roads. In this case it makes no sense to have winter tyres on front axle and summer tyres on the rear. In my opinion you have to buy 4 winter tyres. If not enough money, keep the summer tyres. If you insist to buy 2 winter tyres, put them on the rear axle.
If you don't trust me, please visit tyre manufacturer's sites.
DenNy
QUOTE(M@nuel @ 18 Nov 2005, 12:55)
You're welcome!

BTW, do you have winter tyres?And which one?
Manuel
QUOTE(DenNy @ 18 Nov 2005, 14:00)
BTW, do you have winter tyres?And which one?

QUOTE(M@nuel @ 18 Nov 2005, 12:07)
I have Firestone Winterhawk 195/65 R15.

smile.gif
DenNy
QUOTE(M@nuel @ 18 Nov 2005, 13:01)
smile.gif

tongue.gif I forgot!
DenNy
QUOTE(b64chr @ 18 Nov 2005, 12:59)
So, you want winter tyres for better performances on low temperature, not for snow roads. In this case it makes no sense to have winter tyres on front axle and summer tyres on the rear. In my opinion you have to buy 4 winter tyres. If not enough money, keep the summer tyres. If you insist to buy 2 winter tyres, put them on the rear axle.

Well, untill now I will put only front. Actually I"m putting them at first becauseIi will travel to Slovakia in december and january. And yes we do have snow here also, but not so much as I said. But longterm forecast for this winter is that we will have much snow. We"ll see.......
Anyway, thanks for this advice
mccoy
Be a tigar with `Tigar`tyres wink.gif
DenNy
QUOTE(mccoy @ 20 Nov 2005, 19:50)
Be a tigar with `Tigar`tyres  wink.gif

Unfortunately, they have sold out all 15" tyres mad.gif
DenNy
QUOTE(b64chr @ 18 Nov 2005, 12:59)

well I change my mind. I gonna put all 4 tyres..........
grujicd
Good decision. Winter tyres on front wheels and summer on rear can make your car spin - in that case rear wheels have much lower grip. On braking it would look more or less like you're using handbrake all the time.
mccoy
Well, make it five , who knows...sh*t happens blink.gif sad.gif biggrin.gif
DenNy
QUOTE(mccoy @ 21 Nov 2005, 18:25)
Well, make it five , who knows...sh*t  happens  blink.gif  sad.gif  biggrin.gif

wink.gif
DenNy
QUOTE(M@nuel @ 18 Nov 2005, 11:40)

I bought all 4 tyres. They produce much less noise than those "factory" Montana tyres.Well now, I do not hear that noise which is produced by tyres. huh.gif
Thanks again for advice.
mccoy
Are you `tigering` snowy roads now? cool.gif
DenNy
QUOTE(mccoy @ 23 Nov 2005, 16:39)
Are you `tigering` snowy roads now? cool.gif

Yeah....... biggrin.gif
It is quite snowy evening.....
I was on the road...and try small slalom post-336-1110552459.gif
My advice: Mount winter tyres! smile.gif
Boris
Does any body have some expirience with the Sava Eskimo S3 tyres, and what's teh general opinion?
Boris
QUOTE(M@nuel @ 24 Nov 2005, 20:40)

Thanks,

I have that test in Croatian tarnslation from one of our magazines, I allso have a Austrian test of many tyres. The Sava tyre does not seem so bad.

I just wanted to know personal expiriences, if any.

Boris
Manuel
There are a lot of Solenza and SuperNova owners who have this type of tyres and all of them are very happy smile.gif Sava is a very good choice, maybe the best in this category of prices.
My Berlina
QUOTE(M@nuel @ 26 Nov 2005, 17:51)
Sava is a very good choice, maybe the best in this category of prices.

From what I've heard it's a lot better then Montana Winter Tires. biggrin.gif
ga!nusha
By the way... if you have montana or kormoran tires.... they don't work on rain....only for dry and snow ohmy.gif
My Berlina
QUOTE(ga!nusha @ 6 Dec 2005, 15:11)
By the way... if you have montana or kormoran tires.... they don't work on rain

What do you mean they "don't work" on rain? huh.gif
Codrin
They suck. As they do on almost any surface.
Boris
QUOTE(My Berlina @ 7 Dec 2005, 05:03)
What do you mean they "don't work" on rain? huh.gif

QUOTE(Codrin @ 7 Dec 2005, 07:09)
They suck. As they do on almost any surface.

Short and to the point radmasa.gif
Danco
The general opinion here in Romania is that Sava Eskimo S3 is best choice in its price range. I did not find Sava so I bought Matador MP56 and I'm still waiting for the snow to come.
Boris
QUOTE(Danco @ 9 Dec 2005, 14:33)
The general opinion here in Romania is that Sava Eskimo S3 is best choice in its price range. I did not find Sava so I bought Matador MP56 and I'm still waiting for the snow to come.

Since the price of Sava Eskimo is close to what I'm willing to pay for tires that's my choice for now.

At the moment im still on the factory Montana tires, hope to change them soon.
My Berlina
You could also try fitting some Continental Tyres on your Logan if it fits your budget. happy.gif
Series 65 of ContiWinterContact TS 810 has the right dimensions for a Dacia Logan.
xtraya
Try hard breaking over just a tinny ice (poledica) with montana tyres!

OUUU... logan is dancing allaround like on a dance floor! i was so amaised when i just strong push a brake and just continue to go forward!

Dont fu*ck with ice and montana... it can be dangerous!

I must try hand brake!
My Berlina
QUOTE(xtraya @ 13 Dec 2005, 01:44)
I must try hand brake!
logan is dancing allaround like on a dance floor

Ohh.. if you try the handbrake it will start folk dancing ! happy.gif
mccoy
Now, here comes Logan with Barum Brillantis.
Top model – with Michelin dry.gif
xtraya
Barum tyres comes with lowest version of logan (165)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.