Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Interested in Logan
DaciaClub - Forum Dacia > English Corner > Dacia Logan English Corner
onomatopeico
Hello everybody, greetings from Italy! smile.gif
I am evaluating about buying a car, and I think Dacia Logan's interesting.
It can seem a banal question asked in this forum... but I am interested in Logan's owner opinions.
Do you like the car, think is it a good choice?
I am interested in Logan Ambiance 1.4 with power steering (350 €) and A/C (750 €) as optional, don't really know if it is worthy to buy a Laureate 1.4 with A/C... anyway the difference is not so big.
Danco
I think the best option is 1,6 due to beter adapted gearbox and beter brakes. I have Logan since jun last year and drove it 10000Km and I'm very happy with it. No major problem (in fact none so far) and if your expectations are fair then you 'll be pleased wiyh your car.
Ake
Exist already Logan for sale in Italy? You have some prices to compare with this here?

In the list of quattroruote Dacia isn't present yet
onomatopeico
I really do think 1.4 is enough for me; the fuel consumption of 1.6 are a bit higher...
The Logan will be presented in the weekend 28-29 January, and I would go to the concessionary to take a look. Anyway, the prices on the italian site of Dacia are:
- 8.375 for Ambiance 1.4
- 9.125 for Laureate 1.4
- 9.630 for Laureate 1.6
In an italian car magazine, I read that probably the prices will be 151 € higher than the prices written above, but is not official.
I do not consider diesel motors, since I'm paying the petrol less than diesel and I think I will not make more than 10.000 km/year.
The important optional I need are the power steering as said (while parking is very useful) and the A/C. Also anterior fog lights would be interesting... but in that case I would choose the Laureate.
I've always driven a Fiat Panda old model bought by my family in late '80s (really a great car, it will continue to work for many years!), so I think the Logan would really be... a jump in the future! icon_mrgreen.gif
lucian79
For 9.000 euro you can buy a Fiat Stilo sh, and the difference betwen those two are big enoguh.You think that a Logan is better than a Stilo you'r wrong but ..your money, your decision wink.gif
adso
in romania, laureate 1.4 just got ABS. it already has A/C and powersteering, so no extra charge - i think it will be the same in italy.

the prices for optionals are for the basic models.
onomatopeico
I am trying to avoid second hand car... you can find a good car, but also a bad one... so I prefer to look for new ones.
Logan Laureate here in Italy does not have A/C, only power steering, fog lights and some optional more than Ambiance.
Anyway, obviously Logan's not the best car at all wink.gif but I am interesting in understand how good is the price-quality relationship. I am evaluating also other cars (but their range of price are around 14.000 €), so I desire to hear some opinions from people who bought or tested the Dacia Logan.
auriest

Hello Onomatopeico:
I have a Logan sinde last wednesday, just 384 km. but I am very happy with the car. If you buy Laureate you will have the power stearing and the front fog lights included in the price and better finished in and out the car. I think it worths the difference of price. As you I had before a seat 127, is similar to a fiat panda or older. 23 years old ha,ha... Logan is noisier inside that other new cars and the cleaners of windscreen make a bit noise too if not lot of rain but except just this little things is a very good car in my opinion. It is very nice for driving, back seats spaces is BIG, very big and the boot too. You can test it and after I am sure you will be agree with my opinions. If you can afford it take the Laureate and if you want the air conditioned I think you will need the extra power of 1.6 or when you put a/a in the summer with the 1.4 I think it will not enough, but if you canīt pay the difference it will be a question or going more slow with the a/a on. But believe me if you can take the laureate, the fog lights are very good, other day on highway lots of mist and I had troubles to see with normal lights, I put the fog lights and It was a clear day, very strong fog lights. This is security matter having this in the car. If you can take 1.6 laureate, second choice just laureate with 1.4 if you canīt afford it difference of price. I was in your case, I was thinking a lot and at the end I pay the difference of Laureate and took the 1.6 to have power enough for air conditioned. The difference of fuel comsuption not to big between then if you donīt run a lot and in price here in Spain between 1.4 and 1.6 just 450 euros. Drive the car for a minutes on the dealer and after tell us your opinion.

Manuel
Boris
QUOTE(onomatopeico @ 18 Jan 2006, 00:21)
I am trying to avoid second hand car... you can find a good car, but also a bad one... so I prefer to look for new ones.
Logan Laureate here in Italy does not have A/C, only power steering, fog lights and some optional more than Ambiance.
Anyway, obviously Logan's not the best car at all wink.gif but I am interesting in understand how good is the price-quality relationship. I am evaluating also other cars (but their range of price are around 14.000 €), so I desire to hear some opinions from people who bought or tested the Dacia Logan.

You are in the same situation I was a year ago, and in the end I bought a Logan Laureate 1.6. So far I made 14 000 km with the car, andd I'm satisfied with it. It is just what I expected for that price, and I had no real problems with it.

The price difference between the Logan and some other car with similar equipment and dimensions was cca 3000 EUR, and I paid the Logan 10 200 EUR. So the price for the other options was 30% more compared to the Logan price, and I don't think that I would get 30% more for my money.

I would suggest a 1.6 version, but you know what you need and want.
icatenej
I received my Logan in May and made 9000km so far without a single problem. When I looked for a new car Logan was the best option in price/performance/equipment/reliability range so I decided to pull the triger.

Contrary to opinions posted by other forum members I think that 1.4 engine is quite enough for this car.
onomatopeico
The price difference between 1.4 and 1.6 is not so big (505 €), but I would prefer the less powerful motor because of:
- 1.4 has lower fuel consumption;
- possession taxes are lower;
- insurance for a 1.4 is lower... and that is quite important since this would be my insurance.
As said, I would try the Logan to evaluate its qualities (about noise, quality of steering, of brakes etc.) and then decide. I also read that modifying the electronic control unit you can achieve better performance (more kw) and lower fuel consumption. It can be an idea after the warranty's expiration.
vv
onomatopeico - I have 1.6 but only because it was the only way to get an ABS in Romania, when I bought my car. There is a visible difference in engine power, but I think the 1.4 engine does its job reasonably well.
I am satisfied with the car so far, didn't have any major problems with it (except an accident sad.gif ) so I think it is well worth its money.
It's just that it may be too big for Italy tongue.gif I heard that traffic is very bad in cities like Rome and it is useful to have a small car smile.gif
onomatopeico
Here in Italy ABS must be provided in any car since there's a law on this matter. wink.gif
The traffic... yeah, it can be a problem, but I don't live in Rome but in Udine (if you don't know where is it... in Friuli, 30 km west from Slovenia and 100 km south from Austria; soccerfans hope would heard the team of the city, Udinese) and is a quite small city, so this is not a big problem. smile.gif
Anyway I do not like at all cars which are too small, like a lot of A-segment cars (Matiz, C1, Aygo...).
DigitalScribe
You need to ask yourself what do you expect in a car...make a wish list.
Browse the market for options and see how much each wish costs you. Then you prioritise acordingly and balance with costs.

I wanted a normal new car with space, security (both active: ABS+Airbags and passive in the form of chassis design and programmed deformability of the chassis) a bit of performance (a 1.6 8v 64Kwatt engine is not something to be proud of and also not ashamed by), comfort (AC does great job altho it's not automated you need to keep switching the knobs and punch the AC on/off button) and good price.

It's a car that has beneeth standard equipment (a Renault engine, most of the parts are compatible with Renault ones) so it doesn't need special attention and so no extra costs are included.

It's far from a perfect buit car because in winter you'll hear all sorts of noises (ice cubes form in the watter drainage systems and in the mirrors plastic body and they resonate with car's vibrations) and the plastic inside is cheap. Otherwise it's a normal car with no special issues regarding the functionality. It starts always at the first key if you don't use bad gas, the gearbox is precise (no gear misses) and easy to use in traffic once acomodated with it's ratios. The ABS does it's job always with no problems, the power steering makes it easy to maneuvre and the seats are ok. The weel is not adjustable at all but you can adjust the seat and then it's ok.

Space is not an issue with Logan because there's plenty of it and tho the car is built on a small car's platform it's more of a compact when parked near other cars. It has big ground clearence and with it's tall chassis it stands higher than other simillar cars.
catb
QUOTE(onomatopeico @ 18 Jan 2006, 12:37)
The price difference between 1.4 and 1.6 is not so big (505 €), but I would prefer the less powerful motor because of:
- insurance for a 1.4 is lower... and that is quite important since this would be my insurance.
As said, I would try the Logan to evaluate its qualities (about noise, quality of steering, of brakes etc.) and then decide. I also read that modifying the electronic control unit you can achieve better performance (more kw) and lower fuel consumption. It can be an idea after the warranty's expiration.

Buy the Laureate.
voicamic
QUOTE(onomatopeico @ 18 Jan 2006, 12:37)

The 1.4 l engine on the Logan is a little bit too small for a car exceeding 1000 kg weight. That leads in fact to higher fuel consumption in certain situations, when you need to"push" the engine a little harder.

I own a Logan Laureate 1.6 MPI since january 2005 am I'm happy with it. It "eats" approx. 9.4 l/100km in the city and 7l/100 km on the highway (at av. speed 110 km/h).
On the other side, I travelled this winter some 5000 km for business matters with a Logan Preferance 1.4MPI driven by my company driver. I asked him once to find the average fuel consumtion on a 100 km highway section in Romania. He drove at av. 130km/h and got an av. fuel consumption of 10.1 l/100km!

So, better buy the 1.6l Logan, you'll have a 15 HP plus of power, which does count, and the average fuel comsumption is basically the same.
Or, if the 1.5 l Diesel engine version is available on the italian market, try it! You'll have an engine torque 42% higher than the 1.4 l engine, or 25% higher than the 1.6l engine, which will be helpful, and the fuel consumption is definitely lower.
Good luck!

Anyway, check the Logan prices in Romania:

Logan prices in Romania

Maybe it's cheaper to come buy a Logan here!
martin245
QUOTE(onomatopeico @ 17 Jan 2006, 20:40)
I really do think 1.4 is enough for me; the fuel consumption of 1.6 are a bit higher...
The Logan will be presented in the weekend 28-29 January, and I would go to the concessionary to take a look. Anyway, the prices on the italian site of Dacia are:
- 8.375 for Ambiance 1.4
- 9.125 for Laureate 1.4
- 9.630 for Laureate 1.6
In an italian car magazine, I read that probably the prices will be 151 € higher than the prices written above, but is not official.
I do not consider diesel motors, since I'm paying the petrol less than diesel and I think I will not make more t

Go for it Mate I have just taken delivery here in Germany of my Laureate 1.4
with everything But air conditioning it is super
the brakes are realy good and Michilin tyres and powerfull enough
go for it
Stuart

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.