Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Logan coded key question
DaciaClub - Forum Dacia > English Corner > Dacia Logan English Corner
zorpetus

What happens if you try to star your Logan with a key from another Logan? For sure you can not start the engine - but would fuel pump and starter work and "just" ignition missing, or not even fuel pump and starter wouldn't work?

DragosP
When you try to start the engine with a wrong key, the injectors are blocked.
martin245
The wrong key WONT FIT because its the WRONG KEY blink.gif
Its not Rocket Science radmasa.gif

We dont half get some funny Questions here
is it a competiion to see who has the daftest Question radmasa.gif
Stu
DragosP
OK, Martin: then
QUOTE(DragosP @ 30 Apr 2006, 19:42)
When you try to start the engine with a wrong key or jemmy, the injectors are blocked.

Now it's ok? smile.gif
zorpetus
QUOTE(martin245 @ 30 Apr 2006, 19:02)
The wrong key WONT FIT because its the WRONG KEY blink.gif
Its not Rocket  Science  radmasa.gif

We dont half get some funny Questions here
is it a competiion to see who has the daftest Question radmasa.gif
Stu

OK, ok, I saw your point : what I meant to ask - what happens when you try to start the car with a key that fits (physically) but with "invalid" code encoded. :-)

klaus
Injection computer won't activate the injectors, so will be no fuel in the engine.
The starter will work, but with no fuel... no start...
zorpetus
QUOTE(DragosP @ 30 Apr 2006, 19:11)
OK, Martin: then

Now it's ok? smile.gif

For me it was OK first time... smile.gif Anyway, "injectors are blocked" - means that starter would work and everything would appear as normal situation - apart that engine wouldn't start because injectors would be closed and no gasoline would go into cylinders?

Sorry for my poor English and my poor knowledge of mechanic... but I am here to learn something... a bit of car mechanic at least smile.gif

QUOTE(klaus @ 30 Apr 2006, 21:34)
Injection computer won't activate the injectors, so will be no fuel in the engine.
The starter will work, but with no fuel... no start...

But you will still hear that "bzzzzzzzz...." before the "pump" (engine...?) indicator on dashboard goes off? (sorry for my poor knowledge of mechanic - I have impression that bzzzzzzz sound comes from high-pressure fuel pump reaching working pressure...?).
klaus
Yes. The immobiliser systems blocks only the injectors.
All other systems work (ignition, fuel pump etc)
DragosP
No, the imobiliser LED on dashboard do not light off; it will flash with aprox 2Hz if the key is wrong.
zorpetus
QUOTE(DragosP @ 30 Apr 2006, 21:55)
No, the imobiliser LED on dashboard do not light off; it will flash with aprox 2Hz if the key is wrong.

Thank you for your answer. My friend (Logan owner) and me are trying to diagnose one problem he had with his Logan (actually topic: 1.4 MPI engine problem? in English corner) so we are trying to gather as much information as possible - before goint to service (not before 03.05. due to 1. May holidays, and service is closed).

Would same flashing occur (approx 2Hz) if key is not wrong - but for some reason code can not be retrieved from the key? (damaged key - and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't)? Does something like that happens in practice? I guess not, but better to ask...

My friend thinks also that it is possible that person who installed alarm (installed just for siren feature, does not block ingition, person who installed alarm didn't want to do it in order "not to mess up with wiring and void warranty for the car") maybe slightly moved some connector beneath the dashboard (module for coded key on the dashboard) and that sometimes it has contact and everything works fine, and sometimes contact is poor and engine doesn't want to start because it doesn't recognize the coded key - simply because coded key module under the dashboard ("receiver") is not proprely connected...

Chances are weak... but, still, there is such possibility... I guess...

klaus
Damn it...
so, you have installed an alarm and the problem presented on topic
http://www.daciaclub.ro/https://www.daciaclub.ro/index.php?showtopic=38141&hl=
has appeared after you had installed it, an you forget to mention that little thing (about the alarm)?
zorpetus
QUOTE(klaus @ 30 Apr 2006, 22:52)
Damn it...
so, you have installed an alarm and the problem presented on topic
http://www.daciaclub.ro/https://www.daciaclub.ro/index.php?showtopic=38141&hl=
has appeared after you had installed it, an you forget to mention that little thing (about the alarm)?

Yes, I haven't mentioned alarm because not to lead on the wrong conclusion (because, everybody by default would assume that alarm is also installed to block the engine from starting - which is not the case here - for pure reason - not to void the warranty).

And alarm was installed 2 days after car has been bought - and it was funtioning quite well for next 3-4 days, then this problem appeared... sad.gif

So, yes, it was my mistake not to mention car alarm - but, as I said, just for pure reason not to lead you to wrong "by default" conclusion...

Mea culpa O:-)

DragosP
QUOTE(zorpetus @ 30 Apr 2006, 23:36)
Would same flashing occur (approx 2Hz) if key is not wrong - but for some reason code can not be retrieved from the key? (damaged key - and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't)? Does something like that happens in practice? I guess not, but better to ask...

Yes, the key is not necessarily wrong or damaged, but, if you have a poor contact, or the alarm is not properly installed, UCH does not recognize it and the LED on dashboard flash.
zorpetus
QUOTE(DragosP @ 1 May 2006, 09:59)
Yes, the key is not necessarily wrong or damaged, but, if you have a poor contact, or the alarm is not properly installed, UCH does not recognize it and the LED on dashboard flash.

Thank you really, really very, very much for this clarifications!

According to my friend, alarm has been installed by a very experienced person, who was installing the alarm in Logan cars before (that person told him, by the way, that electronic inside of Logan is same as in Renault Laguna - so, I guess that this person has some broader experience with alarms and Renault electronics).

Alarm is brand "Cobra" - italian, he said, very reliable and good...

zorpetus

Today we checked LED for coded key when engine didn’t want to start and it was not blinking at all - it seems that problem is not coded-key related.

When we tried to start the car we noticed that battery indicator (red LED shaped as car battery on dashboard) was also lighting, although not in full power (maybe it would be best to describe that it was kind of blinking in the rythm of the car stater). But, we checked the battery voltage (on the battery itself, reliable digital voltmeter) before and it was OK.

So, it may be that problem is caused by alarm that is not "properly installed" - but I am not sure if you were thinking about the case when alarm is configured to “cut” the ignition of the car (“ignition blocking”) or you were thinking of some “typical” weak point of Logan electronics (like never to take power for alarm from this ... as that line is very sensitive to .... or whatever...).

In this particular case alarm is installed to have siren and “panic alarm” (all 4 direction indicators blinking) – and to have “remote” central lock (as here Logan Ambiance comes with a central lock – but it is de/activated manually, by key in drivers door – not via remote control). Alarm added that central lock by remote command feature.

Any input more than appreciated! smile.gif
zorpetus

Hi,

When you turn the key and give contact and LED indicators for Fuel reserve, Oil, Battery and Engine (computer, high pressure pump... bottom middle one) are ON. After few moments they are turned off and you can start the engine.

I would like to ask you if all those LED indicators are turned OFF at the same time, or indicators for Fuel reserve, Oil, Battery are turned first, and after approx half of second (or second or so...) LED for Engine also.

Which is normal behaviour for those indicators during ignition procedure for 1.5 MPI engine?

DragosP
I don't know how Logan led's light. I have a Supernova, wich is equipped with a similar 1,4 MPI engine. At my car, the last LED wich is turned off is the imobiliser LED.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.