Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Dust/Polen filter on Logan
DaciaClub - Forum Dacia > English Corner > Dacia Logan English Corner
Pages: 1, 2
martin245
I would like to fit a pollen filter to the fresh air intake on my Logan as I have a bit of a problem (like lots of people )with Pollen
any ideas out there
CU
Stu

Still in the UK and soon to travel back to Germany
Codrin
You can use a Clio III filter, they are about 25 euro. Here you have the pictures from the operation.
martin245
Thanks mate
But I cannot read a word on that site (You know us Brits we dont learn much in our SKOOLS) LOL
marksman
QUOTE(martin245 @ 19 May 2006, 20:36)
I cannot read a word on that site (You know us Brits we dont learn much in our SKOOLS) LOL

Mate, a picture is worth a thousands words. However I'll try to translate that for you english speakers out there.

QUOTE(klaus @ 22 Apr 2006, 22:35)
I haven't used the filter from Modus as it is too expensive, but instead I've used a filter from Clio 3 (part number 77 01 062 227)
This is the cover that seals the filter's housing [attachmentid=25305]
I've cut it out by drilling one hole after another with a drilling mill and a small saw. [attachmentid=25307].
After that I've smoothed the cuts around borders using a grindstone attached to the drilling mill (minimum efficiency) then a coarse file (much better!) and then a fine file for smoothing.

This is the filter; it goes into the housing with the upper side first. [attachmentid=25308]
The filter is thin - it is actually a thin, kitchen hood filter on a plastic netting.[attachmentid=25309].
Inserting the filter into it's housing [attachmentid=25311]
The finished assembly [attachmentid=25310]

Because the lighting in that area is very weak I've came up with a state of the art, high-tech sollution smile.gif [attachmentid=25312]
With this occasion I've realised that my fears were not founded (I thought that there would be no space in front of the filter for the airflow)
In fact there is a tunnel for the airflow just in front of the filter.
That place is surely designed for the cabin filter.

PS: after cutting and smoothing there will be quite many plastic debris inside the filter housing.
As it is very difficult to clean that place up I've closed the air vents, moved the ventilation directioning to "air vents" position and started the ventilation on "4" (maximum).
As the air vents were closed, the air was directed to the newly cut opening in the filter housing thus cleaning the debris in that area.
But still you have to clean up the debris at the base of the condenser, which do not come out with the airflow.

klaus
I have inserted the pictures into Illusi0n translation...
As a cutting tool anything suitable can be used
A strong knife, a hot welding tools (to melt the plastic cover), etc…
martin245
QUOTE(klaus @ 20 May 2006, 12:03)
I have inserted the pictures into Illusi0n translation...
As a cutting tool anything suitable can be used
A strong knife, a hot welding tools (to melt the plastic cover), etc…

Thanks a bunch mate for your time
I will print it all out when i returne to Germany and have a go at fitting it
Thanks again biggrin.gif
cu
Stu
clan
Mann filter, product code "CU 1829" also fits.
martin245
Last Night in Bed it came to me !!!! My Wifes sock radmasa.gif
No realy I stole two of my wifes small Bobby Socks (Small sock like Nylons) blush.gif
Then took off the top of the air intake cover above the wiper motor and pulled them over it the right side fitted perfect and the left side I have done the half so I will still be getting a good airflow minus 80% of the rubbish that comes with it (and it does not restrict too much airflow)
lets see how it works as next Sunday I am off to England and expect to travel3000km
Hope this idea is a help to you
Stu
jaksa
What the **** are red spots???
http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/9315/corrosionqo6.jpg
martin245
Not to worry Jaksa its not rust just dust that looks red in the flashlight
I took the photo in the garage
Stu
jaksa
Will warranty be void if one installs Clio's filter, as described above?
martin245
OF COURSE it will blink.gif You need to butcher half of the heating system !!! radmasa.gif
My way you just need to fit the sock over the intake rolleyes.gif
didnt you notice that ???? wacko.gif just place the nylon sock on the intake and you have sorted it for 1 euro biggrin.gif
Stu
look closely at my photos
martin245
AND dont forget if you put the filter inside the car ...the leaves and stuff will get down to it and block it !! (think about it ) I had this problem in my Rover 825
.I think my idea for the filter above is greeeeeeat
Stu
jaksa
I think that your idea will not void warranty smile.gif

1 euro? Checked this price with wife? biggrin.gif

If you travel from somwhere-near-Karlsruhe, will it be 3000km in both directions? Are you going to travel to UK in one day or in two maybe?

I am curious because my limit for one day trip is under 1000km, from Belgrade to Northern Greece and from Belgrade to Istria - Trieste.
martin245
Ha !!
Are you checking up on me ?? blink.gif
Yes i drive from Karlsruhe to Calais 700km then jump on the train (with the car)
get out at Dover and then drive up north to GRIMSBY it is about 1150km total
then I have my traveling around kms that will be around 800km so that is the 3000km
I will leave karlsruhe in the evening and it takes normaly with stops 7hrs to Calais
then from Dover I will take around 5 hours to grimsby (With eyes like a Panda bear) wacko.gif
I will put up some photos of Gods Town (GRIMSBY) when I return
cu
and 1 euro is about right she gets em at A.Schlecker http://www.schlecker.com/

It is pretty easy to travel this distance over here and I will be using the French motorways they are VERY good and you are not being pushed all the time .not like in Germany it is one big race on the Autobahn and you get tired easy .
I have been doing this since 1970

Stu
jaksa
Of course I am checking smile.gif biggrin.gif

From my point of view, in Greece is also one big race at the highways.
martin245
I have driven to Athens from Hamm in Germany it must have been in 1982
I remember stopping at some traffic lights and loads of Kids wanted to clean my Trucks window .in fact all the time in Greece there was someone trying to get money out of you .......But a nice place
Stu
blink.gif Dacia blink.gif
jaksa
Almost forgot:

Have a nice trip wink.gif
martin245
Shit I am going daft looking for Winter tires now !!! as they are Law in Germany
I will find out today if I am getting the ones I was after PANIC
Stu
Marty
Stu, www.reiffendirekt.de or locate an ATU store near your "Plaz". Delticom (Reiffendirekt) are quite cheap on tyres and they have an extensive offer. ATU are perfect for those looking for complete wheels. You may chek with them for tyres only as well.
martin245
Thanks Marty
But its sorted now and I have them for Saturday (I leave on Sunday)
Oh yes and My super filter I removed some leaves that it has caught and they would have gone down the bigger holes into the blower
so it seems to work
cu
Stu
martin245
Hi Guys
I am now in the Uk and had a real good drive over .I used an average of 6,8 ltrs per 100 km so am very happy The wnter tires are very good and quiet The car is very dirty so you are not going top get a photo until it is clean and tidy
Cu
Stu
Boris
QUOTE(martin245 @ 8 Nov 2006, 23:32)
Hi Guys
I am now in the Uk and had a real good drive over .I used an average of 6,8 ltrs per 100 km so am very happy The wnter tires are very good and quiet  The car is very dirty so you are not going top get a photo until it is clean and tidy
Cu
Stu

Glad to hear that you arrived whithout problems.

Nice consumption if you used highways.
martin245
yes the roads were good and the fuel consumption is also part of my reluctance to floor the gas pedal ,I drove at 130 most of the time with a few bursts of 140
I must say though that the speed was taken from my Sat Nav because the Speedo is wrong (as on all cars) .The Sat nav gives Perfect readings of your speed (if not it would not be able to work out where to turn) So driving at 130 iwas doing about 120 and 140 was 130km so dont worry about thrashing it at 150 cos your are doing arround 140 ahhh the wonder of Sat navs blink.gif
anyway 130 is fast enough ph34r.gif
Stu
Marty
QUOTE(martin245 @ 10 Nov 2006, 19:56)
the Speedo is wrong

Have you been swiming all the way back from GB to DE ? Is this your Speedo ?
martin245
What was that Bue thing??? Underpants??
But the speedo readings that I gave you are correct
as with most cars they read wrong .AND i have 15" wheels which also affect (a little bit ) your readings
swimming ???No I went through the Eurotunnel

Cu
Stu
Marty
"The blue thing" is usually called "swimming trunks" and they are produced by Speedo, wink.gif
martin245
Got yer mate radmasa.gif
Speedo is also the nickname for the Tachometer
stu
martin245
Back in Germany after my UK visit blink.gif
I drove the car back pretty hard traveling from Calais to karlsruhe in 6hrs 30mins icon_mrgreen.gif
I did 2000 km and used an average of 7 ltrs per 100km biggrin.gif
I had no problem with car at all and found it relaxing to drive cool.gif
I now have 11ooo km and the car seems to have a bit mor power
Hills are no Problem and i never had to change down once
so looking forward to the next holiday
I have hung a photo on the end for you to enjoy
Stu
Boris
QUOTE(martin245 @ 24 Nov 2006, 22:15)
I drove the car back pretty hard traveling from Calais to karlsruhe in 6hrs 30mins  icon_mrgreen.gif
I did 2000 km and used an average of 7 ltrs per 100km  biggrin.gif

I hope you did not make the whole 2000 km in 6 h 30 min, that would be some really hard driving smile.gif

7 l/100 km is not a bad consumption.
martin245
HA HA radmasa.gif
yesterdays journey was 680km . tongue.gif
I forgot to say about my homemade pollen filter .Well it seems to work I have no fume stains on the inside of the windscreen like I got from my last trip over .and also no dust all over the place .I also did not get a dry throut from the Lorry fumes wink.gif
So it seems to be ok .All in all it ran well and I am suprised at the comfort of traveling in this car .I compairs with the Rover 825 Sterling that I used to own .BUT not as thirsty tongue.gif
Just washed it and got rid of all the salt off it cos it was parked for the last 3 days
just 15 mtrs from the English Channel and was all salty
cu
Stu
martin245
Does anbody know how big the holes are in the Screen washers ? Or how often do the blinkers blink per minute ??
(Who am I ????) New game radmasa.gif
Stu
DenNy
Nice consumption Stu.
I just came back from one journey. 640km, 580km oh highway. No stop, only at border crossing.
Average consumption was 7.7l, and average speed 105km/h. Cca 6h15min...

Off topic: Car/engine starts to produce less noise when you pass 140km/h...mhmm... huh.gif
martin245
I noticed as well that the noise does reduce at speeds of 140 (funny)
You must have had a few hills on your journey hence the 1 ltr more
Stu

Here is a unusual Photo of the EUROTUNNEL through the mirror of a LOGAN
maybe the first one through it .Mine has been through 4 times
enjoy it
martin245
Check out my homemade filter photos again you will now see that they work well
Just look at what has been collected
Stu
user posted image

user posted image
mimi
blink.gif Hi Stu,vhy buy a filter when you can rob your wife, just get a pair of silk stockings and put it over the air intake, and woops a perfekt filter for around 5 euro, and perhaps flowers to the wife, tongue.gif
Keka
So yesterday I saw post about polen filter for Logan, today I bought it (Renault service is the cheapest, filter for Clio III COD 7701062227 costs 1408 din, that is 17 E).
Finding housing for filter was easy, as well as cutting plastic material, Swiss army knife with small saw worths money biggrin.gif cutting and smoothing edges took about 20 minutes, along with streching my back and arms biggrin.gif
Filter fitted perfectly, but is NOT airtight, so when I turn ventilator at 3rd or 4th position, a bit of air is blowing around the filter. Then I took some silicone gasket maker, put it on filter edges and placed it in housing, and ola-la icon_mrgreen.gif no more air blowing.
God help me when time for filter replacing comes radmasa.gif

PS If somebody want pics, just ask
stajp
QUOTE(martin245 @ 29 Oct 2006, 11:13)
Last Night in Bed it came to me !!!! My Wifes sock  radmasa.gif
No realy I stole two of my wifes small Bobby Socks (Small sock like Nylons) blush.gif
Then took off the top of the air intake cover above the wiper motor and pulled them over it the right side fitted perfect and the left side I have done the half so I will still be getting a good airflow minus 80% of the rubbish that comes with it (and it does not restrict too much airflow)

I know this is an old topic, but this saved my car yesterday. I parked under a tree in full bloom, and it rained. Logan was full of flowers, and because the flowers were wet (because of rain) I couldn't clean them from my windows, hood & roof.

As it's warm in Croatia in the last few days, today I had to turn on the conditioning. No flowers came in the car because I took a nylon sock over airflow grills. Sock is full of flowers, like it should be!

Great! Tnx Martin!
martin245
Glad to have been of Help
I have no problems at all with flowers either and it is the cheap alternative
Stu
alex_d9
up.gif simple ,cheap and practical . i think i'll use the same system on my car .
Peja
Summer temperature will be only problem for this solution
martin245
WHY? YOU STILL GET THE SAME AIRFLOW

Just without the dust and flowers

sTu
Peja
Yes, but, summer temperature +parking + summer sun... broken sock very soon, but it easy for change wink.gif
Boris
QUOTE(Peja @ 21 May 2008, 12:22)
Yes, but, summer temperature +parking + summer sun... broken sock very soon, but it easy for change wink.gif

Don't think so, but as you say the stocking are cheap.
martin245
Those stockings dont bust mine has just done a full winter
Stu
Keka
Few days ago I replaced old polen filter, although it was old less than 20.000 km....I prefer to change it in spring co AC can demonstrate it's full potential......What a mess of dust, dirt, leaves and other stuff was in it blink.gif

Bad news is that original Renault (for Clio 3, it fits perfectly) filter prices went sky high, and it costs some 2500 RSD (30 E) with installation (idiots call that installation, it is simple click-click) so I bought no-name filter for 1100 RSD (15E) and "installed" it myself.

I'm very sorry but I forgot to take pictures of changing process, so here are only pictures of polen filter as it should be.
martin245
QUOTE(Keka @ 23 May 2008, 16:26)
Few days ago I replaced old polen filter, although it was old less than 20.000 km....I prefer to change it in spring co AC can demonstrate it's full potential......What a mess of dust, dirt, leaves and other stuff was in it  blink.gif

MORE REASON TO HAVE THE STOCKING AS WELL .Then you will not need to change the fresh air filter so often

Nice photos mate and did you cut the hole yourself ??
Stu
Keka
TY for photos smile.gif

I cut hole myself with Swiss army knife, it has saw for wood and metal, I forgot which one I used.

Although it is Dacia, it isn't bad enough to use socks instead of filter as it is supposed to be radmasa.gif
martin245
Keka
there is nothing wrong with having the sock filter and like you said yourself
Quote=Few days ago I replaced old polen filter, although it was old less than 20.000 km....I prefer to change it in spring co AC can demonstrate it's full potential......What a mess of dust, dirt, leaves and other stuff was in it UNQUOTE
Stop the shit before it gets down there
(Its up to you ) #Stu
green_wall_13
smile.gif This is what I made before mounting clio3 dust filter. The only target is to stop big parts of leafs, not to be suck in dust filter. biggrin.gif
http://www.daciaclub.ro/Filtru-praf-polen-...ml#entry1346580
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.