Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Noisy Gear Engine
DaciaClub - Forum Dacia > English Corner > Dacia Logan English Corner
homerolo
Hello to all.
This forum it's updated every day, that's good the one on Colombia it's poorly updated it.
Anyways I just bought my renault logan about 1 month ago, i am from ecuador, and there is a noise comming from the gear engine. the noise sounds like a diesel car which are very noise. Does anyone have any idea if this is normal or not ?.
On the other hand, the seat belt sensor does not light up when i go more then 10km but it shoud, should i take the car to the renault service center.

Thank you.
isa
Don't worry about that sound because it's from the clutch bearing and it is a "techonological sound". Try this : press the clutch and see if that noise is the same. Normaly you can bearly hear it when the clutch is pressed.
PS: I heard the same noise on a Megane 2 1.4 16V.
homerolo
ON THE OTHER HAND, ARE THERE PEOPLE ON THESE FORUM WORKING WITH LINUX SO FAR....
homerolo
QUOTE(isa @ 30 May 2006, 14:05)
Don't worry about that sound because it's from the clutch bearing and it is a "techonological sound". Try this : press the clutch and see if that noise is the same. Normaly you can bearly hear it when the clutch is pressed.
PS: I heard the same noise on a Megane 2 1.4 16V.

after i press the clutch the noise goes off, ok thanks for the help i will have to live with it from now on, hey but this car is great. Down here in ecuador it's selling a lot and it really cheap comparing to all the benefits comes with.

klaus
As isa said, is from the clutch' springs. The same as on Clio's clutches
homerolo
QUOTE(klaus @ 30 May 2006, 14:55)
As isa said, is from the clutch' springs. The same as on Clio's clutches

on last thing about this, the noise comes from the gear stick underneath that is where that noise comes from. it's still ok right ?
icatenej
QUOTE(homerolo @ 30 May 2006, 21:20)
ON THE OTHER HAND, ARE THERE PEOPLE ON THESE FORUM WORKING WITH LINUX SO FAR....

This is off-topic, of course, but I'm using linux on regular basis. I started with linux more than 7 years ago. In matter of fact, my entire company runs on linux - both servers and desktops. Why you ask?
homerolo
QUOTE(icatenej @ 31 May 2006, 08:17)
This is off-topic, of course, but I'm using linux on regular basis. I started with linux more than 7 years ago. In matter of fact, my entire company runs on linux - both servers and desktops. Why you ask?

Because I saw on the forum some pinguin's picture and i inmediatelly thought that those persons were linux users.
If you know a good linux forum i woul like to participate i am a IT administrator for linux platform.

thank you.
martin245
QUOTE(homerolo @ 30 May 2006, 22:41)
on last thing about this, the noise comes from the gear stick underneath that is where that noise comes from. it's still ok right ?

Check that the gearstick is not touching any part of the bodywork as this will give a noise
The noise could come from a Dry thrust bearing on the Clutch .
are you having problems changing gear ?? and can you feal Vibration on the gearstick??

martin245

Check that the gearstick is not touching any part of the bodywork as this will give a noise
are you having problems changing gear ?? and can you feal Vibration on the gearstick??

martin245

If you have any worries take the car back it is your right as a NEW car owner
Stand up for your rights mate
Stu
homerolo
QUOTE(martin245 @ 31 May 2006, 11:30)
If you have any worries take the car back it is your right as a NEW car owner
Stand up for your rights mate
Stu

No the gearstick is not touching any part of the bodywork and there is no problem changing gear, only when i have the gearstick in neutral (5 stick ) it's when you hear that noise under the gearstick. When i press the pedal it goes off.

I think this is normal, because a have a friend, and she says that she has the same noise when it's on neutral.

thank you
zorpetus
QUOTE(homerolo @ 31 May 2006, 23:37)
No the gearstick is not touching any part of the bodywork and there is no problem changing gear,

Does anybody has a problem (not always, but from time to time) to put the gear stick in REVERSE?

Sometimes, no matter what you try it can not be put in reverse - UNLESS you release the clutch, press it again, and then try to put in reverse.

My friend has that problem and would like to know is it known or that is something that is just on his Logan.

DFA
Yes, the problem is known, in service they put a lot of grease on the mechanism below the gear stick (under the car).
zorpetus
QUOTE(DFA @ 1 Jun 2006, 11:38)
Yes, the problem is known, in service they put a lot of grease on the mechanism below the gear stick (under the car).

Thank you!

But the problem is not a serious one (it would not damage the car, for example) - so, he doesn't have to go to service immediatelly, but can wait for the first warranty service (after one year or 10.000 km, whichever comes first).
martin245
QUOTE(zorpetus @ 1 Jun 2006, 11:13)
Does anybody has a problem (not always, but from time to time) to put the gear stick in REVERSE?

Sometimes, no matter what you try it can not be put in reverse - UNLESS you release the clutch, press it again, and then try to put in reverse.

My friend has that problem and would like to know is it known or that is something that is just on his Logan.

If it wont go into reverse just put it into first and heypresto you can get reverse
Stu
aproapeom
if u think about it , putting it into the 5th gear would be more easy tongue.gif

same problem here smile.gif
Boris
What I would like to know is why that happens.

More or less I drove only my former Fiesta for a longer period, and with that car I could not put in reverse maybe one time out of twenty.

With the Logan is one out of every three or four times. Not that it bothers me much ("but the light bulb in the glove compartment did smile.gif"), but I would just like to know what's the reason for it.

Any technical explanations?
martin245
1st gear and reverse gear are on the same shaft this is one reason it helps using 1st gear
Stu
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.