Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Loganīs air conditioning problem
DaciaClub - Forum Dacia > English Corner > Dacia Logan English Corner
LoggyVen
Hi greetings from Venezuela.

Reporting noisy air conditioning compressor unit!, the noise is those that let you know where the sound come from but donīt really bothers you untill high heat on the road makes compressor to work more, there the noise is noticiable.

Some logan Venezuelan users wrote letters to renault venezuela and renault france complaining on the subject, result: service orders to test and check oil levels on air conditioning compressors found low level on oil (2 Fl OZ readings, normal is 8 FL OZ) now with normal levels of oil no more noisy and a more cooler and fresh habitacule.
martin245
Now that my friend is a good piece of infomation for anyone with a noisy AC unit
I dont have this problem as i dont have one and never have had one so
I wont miss it
Stu
DigitalScribe
I might have the same problem. After passing winter the compressor got unusualy noisier but the noise is present only when starting first time in the day and after running for a while it gets quieter and quieter. I'm guessing that the oil needs to circulate for a bit inside the instalation until it gets to the compressor and makes it less noisier.

I'll go on the local service with this problem as soon as I can drive the car (driver licence suspended for a while... blush.gif ).
look
I'm having a problem of different kind with my air condition.

When I start air condition it works fine, but after I turn it off and leave only air cooling on then some strong bad smell comes in to the cabin! It happens every time after turning off the air condition!

Any ideas what it might be?
DigitalScribe
It's kind of normal.
There's some condensation taking place in the evaporator part of the AC installation (the part through which the air enters inside the car and gets cooled).
When you turn of the AC the watter condensed there gets inside the car and it doesn't smell well because of bacterium. It happens to all cars. That's why you need to use from time to time a sterilisation solution (all ACs need this from time to time, even the ones from buildings and houses).
Boris
I have read that for the condensation problem it's not a bad idea to turn the AC of (and leave the cabin ventilator on) a couple of mituers before you stop and turn of the car.

I don't pratice it myself though smile.gif, it's to hot now.
martin245
http://www.familycar.com/Classroom/ac1.htm

read and digest
Stu
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.