Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Opinions wanted
DaciaClub - Forum Dacia > English Corner > General Discussion
Boris

Maybe I have an oportunitie to get from my father for free or for a small price a SAAB 9000 2.0 LPT 110 KW. Year 1992, and it has 110 000 km. Consumption in the city is cca 12 l/100 km.

He was the first and only owner, and he drives normaly. The mileage is lowe because does not drive much.

He's buying a new car, trying to sell this one, and so far he can not get what he set as the lowest price.

My wife and I have been thinking about a second car, but as a thing that would be realized a bit later.

This is one way of doing it, but I'm a bit worried about the price of maintainance and consumption. My wife is worried a lot about those things.

I must say I'm in love with the car smile.gif

Opinions?
argon
Great car, excelent fuel consumption, the car has 143 HP..what do you expect?

Go for it...i would....
dizzy
It's a SAAB, it will live a long life!
As I saw on Discovery Channel, the parts are not very expensive but very good quality. I would buy any time such a SAAB from the first owner.
So... GO 4 IT!
It's a great car to travel long trips, confortable and powerfull, especially if it has air conditioned.
Boris
QUOTE(dizzy @ 4 Jul 2006, 08:10)
It's a SAAB, it will live a long life!
As I saw on Discovery Channel, the parts are not very expensive but very good quality. I would buy any time such a SAAB from the first owner.
So... GO 4 IT!
It's a great car to travel long trips, confortable and powerfull, especially if it has air conditioned.

Yes it has air conditioning, on board computer, leather seats, the whole works.

I must say I'm all for it. OK, I still have a few doubts about total cost of ownership for such a car, but the car is a dream.

We'll see, if he manages to sell it I won't have the dilema any more. BTW the lowes price he's asking for is 2500 EUR, and it seems that he can not get that for the car.
pegas
well... if you can get replacement parts at your location without too much trouble, then, it seems like a very good deal. especially if you know the owner and the car's history.

go get it!
sorin_f39
QUOTE(Boris @ 4 Jul 2006, 07:39)
Maybe I have an oportunitie to get from my father for free or for a small price a SAAB 9000 2.0 LPT 110 KW. Year 1992, and it has 110 000 km. Consumption in the city is cca 12 l/100 km.

You are talking about a car which is from 1992 ..... that means 14 year old??????
Man, think twice before to make a wrong step forward. I agree that SAAB is a very good manufacturer and its cars are very strong, but a car like this needs much money for its servicing. And I presume that you want to drive it, to have fun with it, not to keep it in your garage.
I understood from your mesage that you don't have to much money. If so, my advice is: don't buy it. All these are available if you "are thinking" with the brain.

If you "are thinking" with the heart, and you love the car, then, what can I say, buy it! But be prepared to get out a lot of money from your pocket. Because any fun costs......
dacialover
I think you should focus on new or very recent cars because they are the most economical. It doesn't matter that it's not a Mercedes, as long as it's practical! Hint: GET A DACIA...
slider2
I don't want to be mean, but the topic is 3 years old, I think by now he got a car, maybe even change it tongue.gif .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.