Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Help please buying a LHD Dacia
DaciaClub - Forum Dacia > English Corner > Dacia Logan English Corner
shauny333
Hello all

We need some of your expert advise here,so here goes.

We live in the UK and are moving to Spain in 6 months with our pet dog. We want to buy a LHD dacia logan "BEFORE" we go to Spain, there fore being able to drive to Spain with our dog, in our car instead of having to ship/fly him over in a horrible crate.

So our questions are

1) Whats the best way and place to go buy on,ie fly to spain,buy a logan and drive it back to the UK,or is there much cheaper country to get one from and drive it back to the UK?

2) advise on whether we will have to pay any vat or taxes,etc to UK customs if we are only bringing it into the UK for 1-2 months before we go to Spain to live permanantly?

3) Will we have to pay any fees/taxes when we go to Spain if the logan was bought from another country and not in Spain?

3) Any thoughts on how you would do this in our situation?

Look forward to your replies

shaun and sue

Just to add on to our last post we did re moving to spain,does any one know of any UK importers that do good deals/prices on importing a LHD logan into the UK for us,thus cutting out me travelling abroad for one to drive back myself or is it too expensive that way?

shaun and sue
isaare
1) Whats the best way and place to go buy on,ie fly to spain,buy a logan and drive it back to the UK,or is there much cheaper country to get one from and drive it back to the UK?

Prices are similar in different countries from the UE. I think the cheapest place to buy a Logan is Romania, but it's further than Spain and equipment of the car is different (no ABS included in all models...).

2) advise on whether we will have to pay any vat or taxes,etc to UK customs if we are only bringing it into the UK for 1-2 months before we go to Spain to live permanantly?

I can't answer that sad.gif

3) Will we have to pay any fees/taxes when we go to Spain if the logan was bought from another country and not in Spain?

I don't think so. If you bought it at the UE you won't need to pay to circulate with your car in Spain. Only if you stay here and live here you'll have to pay the same taxes everyone pays.

Just go to www.dacia-logan.com, check different prices in different countries and choose whether to buy it in France, Spain or Germany (for example). It may occur that it's cheaper in countries nearer to the production place...

martin245
It may occur that it's cheaper in countries nearer to the production place...

[/quote]

Or get better the further away from productionvill
ie tyres and general finishing like the paintwork
Stu

check your PM Shaun
isaare
[quote=martin245,14 Jul 2006, 19:07]
It may occur that it's cheaper in countries nearer to the production place...

[/quote]

Or get better the further away from productionvill
ie tyres and general finishing like the paintwork
Stu

check your PM Shaun

[/quote]

Yes, that's also true
I bought mine in Spain and it's ok, with Continental tyres... no idea about the paintwork excl.gif
neumann
1) Whats the best way and place to go buy on, ie fly to spain,buy a logan and drive it back to the UK,or is there much cheaper country to get one from and drive it back to the UK?

I must say i don't know Spanish or UK legislation, i think you should start google-ing for cutoms regulations specific to those 2 countries. Try google "importing a car in Spain", "registering a car in Spain", etc.

There should be something like temporarily import of the car. Usually, in the EU you are allowed to drive a car in other country than yours for 6 month without other costs than insurance valid in the country you are driving. GB is not in the EU, but still the custom regulations might be similar.

Most likely. I live in one of the northern countries and they have really high taxes on cars here. You should check with the spanish legislation, inside EU there is no such thing like taxes for importing, but sometimes there are high taxes for registering the car bought outside the country (for example, Germany). Again, the info's should be on the web.

Yes, I would try renting a car before moving. Still, I don't know what are the regulations there and if they allow you to exit the country and leave the car in Spain without bringing it back to UK. Second choice would be the train, it is still better than flying if you care this much for your dog.
gomez99
There should be a webpage of some sort of Spanish automobile club, where you can ask. Or the nearest British branch of one.
Or a page for expats like this one:
http://www.catalanlife.com/index.cfm?uuid=F1E23253AC
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.