Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Wet Windows
DaciaClub - Forum Dacia > English Corner > General Discussion
martin245
Now that the colder evenings are coming in and our cars get wet from the night fog wink.gif
I have noticed that my Logan is getting a wet front window inside blink.gif
My carpet is dry so I am wondering were this damp is coming from wacko.gif
Stu
GoGu
From breathing and air moisture condensating on the windows...
Use the air conditioning, it works wonders on the moisture...
martin245
I have no AC and the windows get wet as soon as i turn on the blower
I suspect this is the lack of a pollen filter and it is pulling in the damp morning air I will try not using the blower tommoro until I have warm air
STU
GoGu
Well, it helps if you open the front windows a little (1 cm or half inch smile.gif )
Air admission lever should be on "outside", the air distribution control on "window defrosting", close the two central ventilation holes, max. heat and use the 2nd or 3rd blower speed... It should solve the problem in a short time.
klaus
Don't drink anymore in the car!
Just lick a wet sponge...
DenNy
Read user manual for Logan. I have same problem before I read this
There they said that you need to open recirculation of cabin, put air direction only to front window, and close all front vents, like GocGu says.

It works 100%
martin245
I think that my problem comes from living in a wooded area and we have lots of ground fog The cars are soaking wet in the mornings .This morning I left the window down a bit and it was ok
As for the putting the the air recycle on outside .I only use the outside position
(Unless I let a good fart and want everyone to enjoy it radmasa.gif )
anyway it seems ok now so hope it is ok in the winter.
I will be going to my Homeland of England in Nov for a little holiday .so will keep you all posted on this subject from the LAND OF FOG laugh.gif
Stu
My Berlina
There are also different types of anti-fog sprays you can spray on the inside of the window.
mcv_rulez
If you want to get ridd of that, every morning turn up your heating to max, put air direction to front window only, and lower your windows for a five centimeters(around 2.3 inches). If temperature is above 5°C the AC is very good in helping you...
CYA
My Berlina
QUOTE(My Berlina @ 23 Sep 2006, 08:17)
There are also different types of anti-fog sprays you can spray on the inside of the window.

I use this on my Berlina.
I don't know if you can buy it in Romania because I always bring some from over here, but there should be similar products.
http://www.rainx.com/ (Rain-X)
http://www.amazon.com/Rain-X-Anti-Fog-3-5-oz/dp/B0002JN26I (Amazon)
http://www.motormania.co.uk/product_detail...er=Rain-X&Code= (England)
einstein1984
Welcome to the wonderfull world of Dacia ! You should see a '99 Dacia 1410 with all the windows covered by condensation , and the front passanger struggling with a piece of cloth to keep at least the windshield clear.
Like everyone said: Rain X, blower to the max on the front windows and maybe the sun visors lowered. Cheers!
martin245
Not just a Dacia problem though our Twingo gets it bad
and my Passat used to completly freeze inside
I have resorted to leaving my window down and blower OFF till warm
if I put the blower on it blows fog on the window
ah well Soon be summer
Stu
einstein1984
No, I meant ALL cars made by Dacia have this problem.
mcv_rulez
No, I meant ALL cars made by Dacia have this problem.

Why's that?
My friend haves Logan 1.4 MPI Ambiance (with AC, and ....), for a year aprox.
And he haven't that problem yet...
CYA
martin245
Does he have the car in a garage overnight ?? smile.gif When I do I dont have steamy biggrin.gif windows .....when I dont I do have steamy windows ... blush.gif
and if I have a nice blond in it it will definatly get STEAMY WINDOWS radmasa.gif
Stu
mcv_rulez
He hasn't garage. But je has a nice brunette... radmasa.gif
CYA

Dino
martin245
HEY
You are to young for these type of jokes LOL
Stu
mcv_rulez
04.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.