Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Romania in EU
DaciaClub - Forum Dacia > English Corner > General Discussion
martin245
I hear today that you will be entering the EU next year !! huh.gif
I would buy the cars then this year because you will see a rise in tax and prices blink.gif
Stu
Maximus Decimus
Actually, we expect a slight decrease in car prices due to elimination of taxes. This is valable for cars made outside Romania (in EU).
martin245
You will see progress in your Health facilitys because they will be controlled by Brussels but like I say so will your tax
You will not have to pay people for extra services though like milk for babys you will get what you are supposed to get without getting ripped off in the process .It can only get better and I wish you luck
Stu
Maximus Decimus
Thank you Stu, actually we are quite excited that we have reached this moment. Don't forget, only 16 years ago here was the worst communist dictatorship. And lasted for 45 years...
martin245
You will get on fine dont despair at some of the price rises though just look forward and dont look back .and enjoy your promotion to Europe
We are all one world anyway in my eyes
Stu
marksman
I foresee some more taxes (like we wouldn't be paying too much already!) and in this case all I can say to the politicians is a big "no, fuck you very much!"
martin245
You will be paving the way for your Children of the future !
It is there world now You are just looking after it for them .
So be happy for the kids !We see some horrible programs about Children in "so called" Childrens homes in Rumania .and this will stop with the help of YOU and the EU
Stu
jimbo
@martin245

You are missinformed by the Tv Chanells that are interested only in the sensational news.
It isn't like that here, and you will see that with your own eyes if you would visit Romania.

In general, you are right, EU will force our government to adopt more fair laws but the situation isn't going to become better on the short term. The integration will only be followed by an increase in taxes and utilities prices on the short term.

You are right again when you say the country will be better in 20 years, maybe (for our children).
DiMaggio
Actually TV channels outside romania normaly present negative news. Normally they are right, with some exceptions.

On the other hand, finally we are in the EU!
martin245
QUOTE(jimbo @ 27 Sep 2006, 11:55)
@martin245

You are missinformed by the Tv Chanells that are interested only in the sensational news.
It

Jimbo I am not trying to Paint your country bad !!! England is also not the most nicest place in the world blush.gif
I have found though an interesting website that tells us about the Kids http://www.familycare.org/stories/maruis.htm
it does sound disturbing and If these kids get help with the help of a Tax hike than so be it ! you will be getting pay rises and also lots more firms will be putting work your way
So I think this will be the end of this NON LOGAN thread when the Moddys get there hands on it blink.gif .....Maybe not though because it is an interesting topic dont you think rolleyes.gif
cu
Stu
Marty
QUOTE(martin245 @ 26 Sep 2006, 19:00)
I hear today that you will be entering the EU next year !! huh.gif

Yeahy, I know, I have the same feelings! radmasa.gif

QUOTE(Maximus Decimus)
Don't forget, only 16 years ago here was the worst communist dictatorship. And lasted for 45 years...

Apparently you've never heard about North Koreea. If Romania was worst, what is North Koreea then?

Martin (or Stu), please don't talk about things you don't know. Romania is a fucked up country, governed by a fucked up mentality! Here Maximus is right: 45 years under communist regims have changed the vision of life.
A german is payd to do something. And he does it right , in the shortest time possible.
A romanian is payd to do something. If he does the thing in 5 minutes or in 3 days, he'll get the same money, so... why hurry?
A romanian ALWAYS knows a better way to do things than he has been told.

Cheers!
martin245
Poor Marty
hates his land and his people what chance do the rest have
I seem to remember E.Germany being in the same situation
Stu AKA Stuart Martin
marksman
martin, it's not that the Romanians wouldn't like their country to be welcomed in the EU, but when this happens it is gonna be hard times for 95% of the people here. The prices are EU-like here and some even higher. The cost of living is huge for most of the population. Wages are generally low but prices and taxes will be going up.
And the fucking politicians are telling us about "the bright future" that will be living after joining the EU. Yeah right... Just look at our Hungarian neighbours. What happened there is just a taste of what I think will happen here.

Marty
QUOTE(martin245 @ 27 Sep 2006, 21:15)
Poor Marty
hates his land and his people what chance do the rest have
If you say so.... smile.gif I've spent 18 months in Switzerland. I had a good job, well payd. But I came back to my homeland. Why? Because I hate so much this country!

I seem to remember E.Germany being in the same situation

Not quite the same.

Stu  AKA Stuart Martin

Thanks for enlighten me! smile.gif
martin245
QUOTE(Marty @ 27 Sep 2006, 20:03)

Martin (or Stu), please don't talk about things you don't know. Romania is a fucked up country,

Your words not mine mate
Why write Romania is a Fucked up Country I think you mean Romania is having problems like you seem to be with the "F" word
regards
Stu
Illusi0n
Like I said about East Germany they returned from being a Total Comunist state
and are getting on well OK they have the people that wont work as well but most are happy with the new found freedom
and I can see from all of your answers to this thread that you Romanians think a lot about your country .Go for it guys Support your Country and dont let the politicians get you down .
and to keep this topic open ..I would recomend a Dacia to anybody
DACIA made in Europe ....that will sicken the Germans it is not a Ostblock car anymore
cu
Stu

Stu
Maximus Decimus
Marty is one of the pesimistic's people from Romania. I'm not.
I say, if we will capitalize on this entrance (enhancing some industries with more added value) rather than doing like Greece (put the money in motorways just to get commisions) we will be far ahead in 10 years. Look to Ireland for example: all their money from EU has gone to education. Now they have one of the best IT school in Europe...
jimbo
@martin245: "Jimbo I am not trying to Paint your country bad !!! England is also not the most nicest place in the world blush.gif
I have found though an interesting website that tells us about the Kids http://www.familycare.org/stories/maruis.htm
it does sound disturbing "

What you have found is a web site of one of the many Romanian NGO's that help some people and get grants from the European Comission to do this.
Normally, when you want to get a grant, you need to paint the situation very "blue" in order to impress the financer. That is what this site does. As I said there are a lot of NGO's in Romania, all living (their employees) with the money they get from these grants.
Also if they prersent the situation very bad they will be able to say they have done a lot after they use the money from the grant.
Believe me, I have experience in this field.

So, it is not the nicest country in the world, but it is also not as you see it from the outside.
jaksa
You think and talk too much smile.gif

Congratulations to all Romanians, and hope to join you in EU some day, hope soon.

PS.
Only 16 years ago my country was almost a EEC member but now... sad.gif
martin245
Who thinks and talks to much?
Stu
thegodsglory
@stu&jacksa:
Maybe Jacksa's just pointing out the lack of to-do atittude of romanians? can't blame him though, the contemplative part (to put it mildly biggrin.gif) is still strong.
stu, as your subtitles states, we'll join the common market but I dunno how good will this be for us... Why didn;t it happen the other way around? "k romanians, here's the common market, bring your potatoes and heavy machineries and join us should you like what you see"? hehe, that's a must-see wink.gif
jaksa
I think that Romanians should have more optimistic attitude.
Maximus Decimus
I think so Jaksa. I'm one of the optimistic ones. And I'll be glad to see Serbia entering UE soon!
martin245
I have just had a warning from the bosses above for posting a bit of International news "They say I was off topic " Hell I started the topic
here is my warning
For offtopic in "Romania in EU, EU Common Market" - Serbia/UN/USA

Here is the link to my bit of News
and if it offends then you had better ask yourself why

http://www.postchronicle.com/commentary/ar..._21241062.shtml

I supose you will intercept and remove this post
But it does not fit in with freedom of speech
Stu
jaksa
I don't understand who should be offended?
I also do not understand why Stu thinks that someone could be offended?

Of course that all open questions between every country that pretends to become a EU-member and the rest of the world must be solved.
martin245
I will redirect my pm to you
Stu
jaksa
I have received pm.

I appeal for more flexibility on this forum, this forum should be a meeting place for people who have something in common - and this is something Romanian's - their excellent little (not so little actually) car.
So, be proud of your car, of your industry, and of your european future.

(and let Stu speak freely )
martin245
Thanks Jaksa smile.gif
Stu
13nov
I also hope that this part of the forum would be more flexible considering that it should concentrate all sections of the romanian part of the forum in only one. So, my opinion is that we should regard the Logan English Corner Section as a "All in one section" (Probleme Tehnice, Diverse,Cafenea, etc) and have more wide - themes disscusions with our friends from all over the world.
Maybe it would be proper to re-name the section "DaciaClub English Corner" with sections for technical problems and general disscusions, considering that the romanian part of the forum is very well developed and organized and also alouds general disscusions in dedicated sections.

PS:my appologies for the off-topic
vv
QUOTE(Financial Times)
Romania's less than glittering prize  Tobias Buck in Brussels

Poor Romania. After decades of communist dictatorship and a bloody, violent revolution the country finally managed the transition to democracy. It endured years of economic and political upheaval, rising crime and the exodus of young and talented workers to the rich countries of western Europe.

Month by month, the government inched its way towards membership of the European Union. It enacted all 85,000 pages of EU law. It rolled out the red carpet every time a lowly bureaucrat from Brussels came to visit. It sat through long nights of negotiations to sort out the country's farm budget and clean up the state aid regime.

At last, Romanians thought they had made it. The country is now only two months away from becoming a fully paid-up member of the Union, with its own seat at the table and its very own commissioner in Brussels.

But just as Romanians were settling down to enjoy their new privileges, the country has recei ved a shattering blow. It has just been told that - no matter how hard the government and its citizens fought to get in - it is worth next to nothing in Brussels. All it deserves - in one long, brutal and clinically clear word - is: multilinguism.

That, in fact, will be the extent of the portfolio entrusted to the new Romanian member of the European Commission when he joins the Brussels body in January. This means he will be handed just a quarter of the responsibilities currently held by Jan Figel, the Slovakian commissioner whose current briefs include education, training, sport and culture - in addition to multilinguism.

Mr Figel, it must be said, has not enjoyed a particularly high profile since his appointment in November 2004. His rare moments in the limelight, moreover, were exclusively due to education and training.

For Leonard Orban, the Romanian commissioner-in-waitin g, things will be far tougher. He has, essentially, no job worth its name. This is all the more puzzling since there were many other options available: some of the current jobs could easily have been split to make room for a new Romanian commissioner for humanitarian aid, or for employment or for legal affairs. Mr Orban's Bulgarian counterpart, to add insult to injury, has just been handed the important consumer affairs portfolio.

Mr Orban and the country he represents have, in effect, been cut down to size before they have properly arrived.

In his note of congratulations to Mr Orban, Mr Figel said the creation of a new multilinguism commissioner was a "clear indication of the importance given to this issue by the new Commission".

No, it is not. It is a reflection of Romania's standing in Brussels, and maybe also a punishment for the country's poor handling of the appointment p rocess.

But José Manuel Barroso, the Commission president and the man in charge of dividing up the new posts, showed poor judgement all the same. Having travelled down the long and hard road towards EU membership, Romania would have deserved a little more respect.

Financial Times is too kind with us sad.gif
vv
Some images I saw today - it may help the foreigners to better understand us 04.gif
This is highway A2, our most recent highway.

Black humour... I am in the mood today, after our politicians voted UNANIMOUSLY to stop the creation of an agency that was designed to control how public clerks/ officials made their fortune. It's even funny to hear their arguments for the vote... maybe we should translate some.
pleosc
Come on,sheeps on the highway...ok,maybe he is to retarded to understand this is so wrong,but no policeman noticed him? mad.gif
Boris
QUOTE(vv @ 1 Nov 2006, 14:47)
Black humour... I am in the mood today, after our politicians voted UNANIMOUSLY to stop the creation of an agency that was designed to control how public clerks/ officials made their fortune. It's even funny to hear their arguments for the vote... maybe we should translate some.

If you find the time please translate, politicians are often very amusing. It's better to laught at them than get an ulcer.
My Berlina
QUOTE(pleosc @ 2 Nov 2006, 05:23)
Come on, sheeps on the highway...

That's Romania for you. laugh.gif
DiMaggio
QUOTE(Boris @ 2 Nov 2006, 15:14)
...It's better to laught at them than get an ulcer.

You are so right Boris!
vv
First, some context:
The ministry of justice proposed an agency (ANI - national agency of integrity) that was supposed to control the officals' fortune statements and forbid them to occupy any governmental job or to run in any election if they could not justify large parts of their income. Instead the deputies changed the meaning of the agency so that it could only read the statements and notify the prosecutors of possible law infringements (anybody could do this anyway - the problem is that it is of course extremely difficult to PROVE beyond any reasonable doubt that the fortune is illicit; instead, the initial purpose of the agency was to ask the officials to prove that their fortune is 100% legal; if they could not do that, it did not lead to imprisonment or confiscated fortune or anything (that was still the prosecutor's job), but it did prevent them from running for office again).

After much debate, they changed the initial law such that now it only creates an useless agency that does nothing; the "funny" part is that if they continued the debate a few more days only, the initial form proposed by the ministry of justice would have effectively become a LAW (so in effect continuing the debate would have enabled the law - there was really absolutely no reason to vote for the law if you were against it, just to have a "starting point" as some politicians tried to suggest):

"With a doubtful heart and heavy souls, liberals voted this project. We consider that the Senate is the decisional chamber , and this is a first effort to convince the romanian society and romanian political class that we need a strong agency"

"We gave this vote to give a political signal to Brussels (note: Brussels criticized openly the attempt to modify the initial form of the law) that there is political will for this project imposed by the European Comission.
We hope that the Senate will go back to the initial form proposed by the government. We will discuss and negociate within the coalition and we hope that the negociations will work in the Senate " (in fact there is a weaker coalition majority in the senate, and as I already explained - it was stupid to vote for the law if you were against it).

"Because of the law's organic character, we risked that it was not adopted. So we decided to vote alongside with those who butchered it and to give it another chance in the senate. We hope that after negotiations in the coalition and pressure from the civil society, something will change "

"I am not in the party's governing structures and I don't know why we voted for the project. It was decided inside the party and I voted accordingly"

The opposition's comments were absolutely marvelous (the opposition theoretically made those changes, but the governing coalition contributed heavily - after all, it was unanimity at the vote):
"I want to salute this vote given in the deputy chamber as a great victory. we don't need any law to be uprightradmasa.gif . From Jan 1st we will be Europeans - so this ANI law is a big joke blink.gif(gotta love the argument...) and was only desired by mrs. Monica Macovei (the ministry of justice... but apparently he is right here sad.gif )"
Boris
Don't wory vv we are not falling behind, we have a agency like that and the only thing it does is reading it's opinion in front of the Parlament (offcourse it's made of Parlament members).

Offcourse there's no mandatory action after they conclude what ever they conclude, and the officials statement's about what they own are more than doubiuos.

There was even a debate about should they list money as property or not, there was an opinion that money is not property and should not have to be listed.

I love them all smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.