Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Question about installing new head unit
DaciaClub - Forum Dacia > English Corner > Dacia Logan English Corner
icatenej
I want to install new head unit in my Logan. I have "Ambiance Pack" version which is factory shipped with 2 way cassete player/radio receiver. I bought 4x50 head unit, and, of course, I want to install rear speakers as well.

Now, my first question is if by any chance there are factory placed wires for rear speakers (although speakers are not present)? If not, where (and how) should I thread those wires?
marksman
1st answer: no
2nd answer: I do not know, but AFAIK there is something about this in the Romanian section. If I have the time I'll look for it and translate that for all you english speakers out there.

This tutorial refers only to speakers installation (and keeping the factory head-unit) but as head-units generally have standard ISO connectors you should be able to change it without sweat.

QUOTE(Ghost @ 16 Jun 2005, 00:11)
Mounting 13 cm speakers in the back is quite simple: you cut that material under the rear window with a solid cutter (you have to stay in the trunk to do that) and then you secure the speakers with screws.

The cabling looks more complicated at a first glance. Although I do not have a cable that is so expensive to get all the attention when installing it I thought it would be a good idea to keep it as far as I can from the power cables so I chose to run it along the central tunnel.

Bill of materials:
- 2 pieces of audio cable 4 meters in length
- 2 meters of "single-core", rigid wire
- 1 ISO connector (easy to find in audio stores) or the metal connector that fits an ISO connectro (I could not find such items)

[attachmentid=10393]

1. Take out the back seat. Unscrew the plastic covers between the front seats and the gear stick.
2. Run the rigid wire underneath the carpet (you insert it through the open space where the parking brake's cables are visible) and stick it out near the center column (use the spaces near the gear stick to guide the wire)

[attachmentid=10394]

3. Tie the audio cable to the rigid wire and stick it out the space behind the parking brake. Use the rigid wire to pull the audio cable to the remaining length of carpet that is the one in front of the back seat.

[attachmentid=10395]

4. Guide the cable towards the edges and run it into the trunk.
[attachmentid=10396]

5. In the trunk the cable is inserted under the side carpet (which is not attached at the bottom, it's only a "carpet cap" on it) and connect it to the speakers.

[attachmentid=10397]

6. Remove the existing head-unit from its place. One handy man will stick the cables we've just installed through the gap left by the head-unit.

7. Next we'll need the connectors that run in the rear of the head-unit. I obtained them pretty hard by cutting an ISO connector (the one in the picture of the needed parts)

[attachmentid=10398]

8. Connect the metal ends to your cable

[attachmentid=10399]

9. Insert the ends into the connectors in the empty slots (you can see that in the picture); UP is for + and DOWN is for - (LEFT as we look from the seat is the left speaker and right is the right speaker)

[attachmentid=10401]

10. Put the head-unit back in place and that's it.

PS: I tried to translate as accurate as possible but I am in quite a hurry (look at the time and you'll figure out why wink.gif )

LE: I kindly ask one of the moderators to put the pictures into place. I do not have a clue how to do that (if possible)
icatenej
1st answer: no
2nd answer: I do not know, but AFAIK there is something about this in the Romanian section. If I have the time I'll look for it and translate that for all you english speakers out there.

Thanks,
Now, please, if you could attach link to mentioned topics it would be great. I do not speak Romanian, but often I check Romanian section, and so far I saw many topics where usefull pictures has been posted, and where knowing language is not necessary in order to understand what people are talking about. Maybe there are pictures in topics you mentioned that could be usefull as well.
GoGu
The audio system uses ISO connectors. Here is the pinout:
http://www.bluespot.co.uk/stock/iso.asp

You'll find out which is which. You'll have to replace the B plug with one that has all 8 wires, not just the 4 in the middle.
icatenej
@Illusion and Gogo

Many thanks... That is all informtion I need. I've managed to see all attachments from post above using link: http://www.daciaclub.ro/index.php?act=Atta...e=post&id=10401
and changing attachemnt id in the URL smile.gif
martin245
you may (will) need to swap the positiv and negative wires around
RENAULT thing
Stu
novauto
You don't need to cut material under the rear window. It's not thick, so sound will be quite good. I think it also has "dumper" effect. Also loudspeakers will be hidden. Of course, it is my personal opinion and my enterior looks untouched. But if you have nice cover you can cut.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.