Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Logan Combi - anyone bought one yet?
DaciaClub - Forum Dacia > English Corner > Dacia Logan English Corner
jaksa
Fellow Romanians smile.gif

Has anyone bought a Combi yet?
Ake
He bought (payed) the car but Dacia delayed the delivery as he wrote here
jaksa
I hope that "30, deci" does not mean December 30th?!?
lecar
QUOTE(jaksa @ 26 Oct 2006, 13:11)
I hope that "30, deci" does not mean December 30th?!?

No... He said that he was supposed to get the car from the dealer on the 24th, but apparently it will arrive on the 30th of October or later.

Romanian:
Azi ar fi trebuit sa fie livrat MCV-ul.
La Meridian mi-au zis ca cel mai devreme pe 30, deci aproape o saptamana intarziere.

Translation in English:
Today my MCV should have been delivered.
At Meridian (the name of his dealer) they told me that it will be on the 30th the soonest, so almost one week later.
jaksa
I guess it is not so terrible,
my parents should have to wait 2 months (!) for logan 1.6, but they eventually choose 1,4 that was available for delivery immediately.
martin245
What is this ??? it is a 4 wheel drive Dacia and look at the price
Stu
http://aolsvc.automarkt-mobile.de/sevenval...11111200541716&
jaksa
DACIA 1304
Commercial vehicle based on old technology (Renault 12)

http://www.elitemadzone.org/t221437-Za-men...full-of-madness

Unbelievable problems with car, and with dealer.
martin245
QUOTE(jaksa @ 29 Oct 2006, 22:20)
DACIA 1304
Commercial vehicle based on old technology (Renault 12)

http://www.elitemadzone.org/t221437-Za-men...full-of-madness

Unbelievable problems with car, and with dealer.

Thanks for the reply BUT the answer link mellow.gif was as much use to me as a ashtray on a motorbike radmasa.gif
I take it the car is a flop
Stu
stoianco
Dacia is still producing vehicles based on the Renault 12 technology, but with a engine of 1.9L diesel (also old). They are planning to replace this old platform with the new one from Logan, so in the near(?) future there will be a pickup version of Logan

For Jaska: I was to Pitesti (the factory is in Mioveni, very close to city Pitesti) this week to get my Prestige and on the A1 there ware a lot of Logan MCV on the way to Bucharest... so...
jaksa
Eventually, we all will speak romanian biggrin.gif smile.gif

The amount of words in 1st topic in linked thread says a lot smile.gif

In short:
guy bought same or similar 4wd vehicle, new
Problems:
cracked paint on several places
water leaks
roof that covers back part of the car (i dont know english word, but you'll understand) badly fitted
4wd broken
pulling to the right
brakes are blocking wheels
high pressure pump problems
diesel heaters not working (none of the 4)
19500km no braking pads at rear wheel ???? disc completely destroyed
corrosion noticed
unsolved problems with dealer and service centers
jaksa
One of those PickUps is parked near my apartment, nothing pretty smile.gif

Now seriously, it would be very useful for Logan owners to know, at least a little, romanian or french.

I don't speak a word of those languages, but I have an advantage, i'm not a Logan owner wink.gif

PS. Aren't people who live in larger part of Moldova Romanians? I know for Pridnestrovlje region, with Slavic-Ukrainian majority.
And, before WW2 Moldova was a part of Romanian Kingdom?
sura
http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/d/130812

If my German is correct, it says that Logan MCV will be on sale in Germany from Jan. 19 (Friday?)
martin245
correct
zodrac
He is the one how have it.
martin245
Sorry i cant read that..............................................
And I would like to say it is great and humbling to see how you guys can speak and read and write English .......Keep it up guys
Stu
PanDa
QUOTE(jaksa @ 26 Oct 2006, 14:19)
Fellow Romanians smile.gif

Has anyone bought a Combi yet?

QUOTE(zodrac @ 30 Oct 2006, 23:52)

Yes i'm the one who have it. And still like it after 500 km:)

QUOTE(martin245 @ 31 Oct 2006, 01:40)
Sorry i cant read that..............................................
And I would like to say it is great and humbling to see how you guys can speak and read and write English .......Keep it up guys
Stu

Thnx. The advantages of being raised in a small 3rd world country. Evrybody speaks english more or less.

About the car..i'm not going to translate my entire romanian post but..
I really think it's a fair deal. The price/what you get. it's big..even biger inside smile.gif
lots of space for people and spaces for small or big things. I't versatile, really easy to have 7 seats or 2 seats and abig "cargo bay". i got the 1.6 16v engine wich i think is the only to satisfy me even it will eat mor gas then the diesel. the 7 seats are all fitted with 3 points seatbelts and adjustable head protection (i miss the word right now). the 6'th and 7'th seats are normal seats that could easelly fit a big grownup. I tried it with some 100 kg 1.85 m lads and they were ok. the head space is great.

Stability is good and due to enlarged side mirrors u can park quite well, although i strongly recommend some parking senzors.

Any questions will be answered...
bye for now smile.gif

P.S. AND STOP CALLING ME COMBY. I'M AN MCV.
Boris
If you take a 7 seat version can the seats backs be folded to floor level (probably not, but I'm still asking)?

If you say that you can have either 7 or 2 seats I guess that you take five of them out. Is it a complicated procedure?

Not that I'm buying a new car soon, just curious.

Boris
vv
From what I saw in a video presentation, all 5 "back seats" can be folded. But I haven't seen the car "in real life" smile.gif
jaksa
Do you have a price list for Logans (including MCV) in Romania?
Where is spare wheel located, is it full size wheel (my real question is if the space for spare wheel is suitable for LPG tank (thoroidal))
PanDa
QUOTE(Boris @ 31 Oct 2006, 10:50)
If you take a 7 seat version can the seats backs be folded to floor level (probably not, but I'm still asking)?

If you say that you can have either 7 or 2 seats I guess that you take five of them out. Is it a complicated procedure?

Not that I'm buying a new car soon, just curious.

Boris

U have the second row (3 seats) with the back fractioned 1/3 2/3 and the third one with the back fractioned 1/2 1/2. The 2nd and 3rd row (places from 3 to 7) can be folded alltogether (not in the floor). The 3rd row can be easelly removed and the 2nd one can be removed with a little mechanical work biggrin.gif .U can use it with ,7 ,6,5,4,3,2 seats and by folding the back of the seats u increase the loading capacity. More infos and some pics on http://www.logan-mcv.com/

QUOTE(jaksa @ 31 Oct 2006, 12:11)
Do you have a price list for Logans (including MCV) in Romania?
Where is spare wheel located, is it full size wheel (my real question is if the space for spare wheel is suitable for LPG tank (thoroidal))

Spare wheel is under the car and i think it's full size. I didn't looked at it yet. For the prices check http://www.adras.ro/date_tehnice_loganMCV_date.php. Those are the prices for Romania (in Euros) all taxes included.

Not really sure about what that thoroidal LPG tanck is but maybe u could think of getting the 1.5dci instead? Just a thought.
jaksa
That's a LPG tank shaped as spare wheel smile.gif
Alternative is cyllindric (an much more space consuming) tank (just like boiler for warm water)
sura
To PanDa

Thanks for the info!

I have a couple of questions, as I am going to buy the same version with 16V as soon as will get to Poland.

Can you take out and remove 1 of 2 seats from the last row or 1 or 2 seats from the second row? Or you can only take out the whole row?
Can you move the second row forward/backward to have more/less legroom?

Also regarding the legroom for the second row - is it decent and is it bigger/smaller in comparison with sedan?

I already asked that question in another thread, but can you tell me if there is any noise isolation under the hood (like in the diesel version)?

Thanks in advance for your answers! I really tried my best to get them from the romanian section, but did not get very far.
PanDa
QUOTE(sura @ 1 Nov 2006, 01:38)
To PanDa

Thanks for the info!

I have a couple of questions, as I am going to buy the same version with 16V as soon as will get to Poland.

Can you take out and remove 1 of 2 seats from the last row or 1 or 2 seats from the second row? Or you can only take  out the whole row?
Can you move the second row forward/backward to have more/less legroom?

Also regarding the legroom for the second row - is it decent and is it bigger/smaller in comparison with sedan?

I already asked that question in another thread, but can you tell me if there is any noise isolation under the hood (like in the diesel version)?

Thanks in advance for your answers! I really tried my best to get them from the romanian section, but did not get very far.

r u talking about Logan MCV or about Renault Grand Espace (35.000 E in ROM)????

of course u can't remove individual seats. the 2nd and 3rd are not formed from individual seats. the "butt side" is common. only the "back side" can be fractioned.
U don't have the option to adjust those 2 rows. they have only one position in wich can be used. no adjustment whatsoever.
The leg room is decent but i was told that is slightly smaller then in the sedan version. The legroom in the 3rd row is also enough for 1.90 m persons.

Yes there is . atleast in my version 1.6 16v Laureate. But i think that it will be different in other countries. there usually is a diference.....
You are verry welcome
jaksa
Sura, it would be nice to write from which country you are wink.gif

To moderators: Considering nature of this part of daciaclub forum, it would be nice to have a "Introduce yourself" topic (pinned) for new members
sura
QUOTE(sura @ 31 Oct 2006, 22:38)
To Jaksa

I am going to buy the same version with 16V as soon as will get to Poland.

I think it answers your question, right smile.gif ?

To PanDa

Thanks for the new info. Two weeks ago I had a test drive on Skoda Roomster and it has individually removable backseats. It costs about 16 000 euro here in a decent version and with a decent engine. But it looked a bit too small inside for me,not much bigger than Fabia Combi.

I am not so worried about the legroom in the last row, as I will probably use it quite rarely, but the second row is where my VIP passengers wink.gif are going to seat, so their comfort is crucial.

On one of those Logan MCV videos I saw, on google ( http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=47...ogan+mcv&hl=en) it was clear that the second row has divided "butt side", and the whole section (1/3 or 2/3) could be folded and moved forward (I guess then you really have a lot of legroom in the last row). Can you really do it like that? And how difficult it is to play all these games with backseats (e.g. time needed to take out the last row)

I have just read a Bulgarian automagazine review of Logan MCV testdrive ( http://www.segabg.com/online/article.asp?i...d=29&id=0002101 ) and their main complaint is that air conditioner is not powerfull enough for such a huge space. Do you have any problems with it?
They also say smth (my Bulgarian is not so good smile.gif about not very conveniently located electric window openers (?), but I guess it is more a matter of taste and habit. By the way, do you have these optional electric back windows?

In general, what do you think so far of the main "ergonomical problems" of Logan MCV? I mean did you notice smth serious that is really not convenient/missing?

Thanks again for answering all my questions, I promise to post a detailed review about one of the first Polish Logan MCV sometime early next year smile.gif

PanDa
Sorry, i mislead u . The 2.nd row has indeed the "butt side" allmost separate (not spparate seats) u can fold 1 (of the 3 seats) or 2 of them but u only can extract them all at once.

Does Skoda Roomster have 7 seats?

You can make it a limo quite fast by removing the 2nr row completlly and obtaining some first class leg room for the two passengers in the 3rd row:)
It's verry easy to fold/unfold the seats or to take out the 3rd row as it's all in clips and "click-clack" mechanism. only if u want to remove the 2nd row from the car u will need some tools.

I didn't bought the electric window option for the back seats becose of the air conditionning. the action buttons for all the windows as i know are indeed not so friendly positionned the main goal is to use as few buttons as possilble (and all of them must be in the reach of the driver).

Don't know yet what is missing (i only have the car for 4 days now:)) I'll definetlly put on some parking sensors.
martin245
[quote=jaksa,1 Nov 2006, 00:11]
Sura, it would be nice to write from which country you are wink.gif

All we need to do is fill in our Profile tongue.gif Then anybody can click on it and read about the member ....BUT most do not bother to do it PITY blink.gif
Stu
Boris
All in all the car looks very practical, that would definitely be my choice if I didn't have a less than two year old Logan allready.
sura
TO PanDa

Thanks again! So I guess you did not have any problems with A/C so far. (Also not really so hot now in Romania:)

As for Skoda Roomster - it only have 5 seats, boot space is not so huge (450/500l depending on the position of the backseat) and I think back seast would be too small for 3 adults or 2 adults and large child safety seat. Otherwise seems like a very nice car. On the bright side you have quite long list of optional equipment to choose, but it is quite costly. So if you want to have a real nice, safe and comfy car, it would cost you at least 20% more than original price (and I am not speaking about the base version, without A/C)
jaksa
PanDa, how much did you pay for your Com.... MCV biggrin.gif
laurian
I started the heating sistem. It was Ok and very quick the temperature rised, quicker then in Logan 1.4.
So obviously i did'nt used A/C, but i think it will be OK.
PanDa
QUOTE(jaksa @ 1 Nov 2006, 15:13)
PanDa, how much did you pay for your Com.... MCV biggrin.gif

Whatch it.... biggrin.gif
i paid 11750 E
i could buy for another 100 electrical windows in the back seats, 250 for metalized (i just made up that word) paint and some 400 for alloy wheels that i didn't liked.

QUOTE(laurian @ 1 Nov 2006, 21:04)
I started the heating sistem. It was Ok and very quick the temperature rised, quicker then in  Logan 1.4.
So obviously i did'nt used A/C, but i think it will be OK.

Dacia is stating that the fan capacity is greatly increased from the sedan version. I used the AC for short time but the real test will com next summer.
jaksa
Hm, not cheap at all.

I am considering a solution in next...few years, now there are 3 candidates, Logan (unfortunately, only new car amongst candidates), Vectra C and of course Mondeo MK3 (all Com..MCV versions biggrin.gif )
..and so on..
Why am I talking this...I dont know smile.gif
mcv_rulez
[B] cool.gif I have it. It's great, and fast, and it have's a lot of inner space.....
jaksa
Where did you buy MCV and pošto? biggrin.gif
mcv_rulez
I'm going to buy one with: dark blue colour, 1.6 16v, best version. I love it, It's fast, ergonomic, reliable, practical....
PanDa
Congratulations mcv_rules, as they say in Carlsberg comercials: "good choice"
however i'm a little puzzeld as Dacia said that MCV will not be available outside Romania until january 2007. ...
sura
Looks like it already on sale in Bulgaria, though.
Check www.dacia.bg
mcv_rulez
Man, I can't wait the day of buying my Logan MCV....
I can't wait!!!!!
mcv_rulez
I'm going to buy it, just when it comes to Bosnia and Herzegovina!
Kupit ću ga, čim dođe u BiH!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.