Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Shock sensor/switch on Logan?
DaciaClub - Forum Dacia > English Corner > Dacia Logan English Corner
zorpetus

Many new cars have that shock sensor switch (circuit breaker) that cuts the electricity to the engine compartment (fuel pump), so in case of car crash engine is turned off automatically. And it doesn't have to be a car crash, it could be some big and nasty hole on the road that shaked the whole car and activated this protection. And only way to start the engine again is to find that switch and press (reset) it.

Does Logan has something like that?
mcv_rulez
I think, that Logan hasn't that shock sensor.
klaus
On logan injection computer interrupt fuel pump in this cases
martin245
TWINGO HAS ONE
Stu
zorpetus
QUOTE(klaus @ 22 Dec 2006, 17:21)
On logan injection computer interrupt fuel pump in this cases

So there must be some sensor that reacts on such high intensity vibrations - that is used to trigger the injection computer to interrupt the pump?

Key question is - what to do in case when such accident is caused by some big hole on the road and not by car accident? Is there any way to reset it? Disconnecting battery?
martin245
It will have to be ONE BIG hole and if it stops your fuel supply you will more than likely have to climb out of the hole
Stu
I will check out this for you though
klaus
1. For accidents the information comes from airbags computer. The inertial switch solution is for cars without airbag computers.
2. In case o other causes (like the hole or something else), if the pump is working, but the car engine not, injection UCE interrupts pump alimentation within 5 seconds.
martin245
If there were no cutoff switch on the vehicle and it was involved in an accident
The fuel would still be getting pumped through the system wacko.gif and if a pipe is ripped off as can happen in an accident then it will turn into a inferno:blush:
Stu
Asi
even dacia solenza and dacia supernova, maybe dacia nova too, HAD an inertial switch for this purpouse. also another switch if the car flips over.. this were standard for older models of dacia.. i supose logan has one too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.