Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: How-to : remove car dents in few minutes!
DaciaClub - Forum Dacia > English Corner > Dacia Logan English Corner
Sloba
Do you have dents on your Logan? sad.gif

I do! sad.gif

I park mine in heavily populated area, where we "fight" for each parking spot, so, cars are parked very tight and when someone opens the door to enter his car - it is very likely that it will make a dent on your car mad.gif Logan (and Renaults in general) seems to have very thin metal that is very prone to dents... sad.gif

But, have a look at this link:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=removing+dents

rolleyes.gif
martin245
Hey good
But does it realy work
Stu
driverx
Watch out. The solution with dry ice may lead to damaged paint. In fact, if this method is applied on the paint of your Logan, i'm pretty sure that your car will need to be re-painted. Not the thin metal is the biggest issue of this car, but the paint could win the "Biggest problem of Logan".
Muttley
O - M - G !!!! blink.gif

Why didn't I think of that?!? icon_mrgreen.gif

I've got one question though... What is the equivalent for airduster in romanian please? blush.gif My guess is that's some kind of high pressure spray used to clean keyboards for example. Am I right?

Than again, it's simply brilliant! I'm almost wishin' to get a dent on my car!
NOT happy.gif
martin245
It is I suppose the same as the gas bottles that you can fit on the Horns that they take to football games excl.gif

user posted image

Stu
g100sic
What a clever piece of bush-craft!! biggrin.gif

It works on the principle of metal contracting under extremely low temperatures, but applied only to a limited area. So, what you need is compressed CO2 (carbon-dioxide), which when released from that pressure turns into solid state, lowering temperature to around -80C. Therefore, read carefully labels on the spray cans, they are useful only if they contain CO2! Another candidate would be liquid nitrogen, but it is much harder to find, and its temperature is a lot lower, so it is more dangerous for the paint!

And regarding damaged paint job... This procedure is only a bonus, if it works – great, you saved some money, and if not, then it was the job for the professionals anyway... biggrin.gif
deconectat
Where can I find a CO2 spray in Romania?
martin245
QUOTE(valentin.dumitran @ 20 May 2007, 13:46)

IN A CO2 Shop 168.gif
Stu

sorry mate could not resist that one 243.gif
deconectat
Thank you. smile.gif
Does anyone have another answer for me? Praktiker/Bricostore maybe?
g100sic
You have 2 likely sources of compressed CO2.
Fire extinguishers are the most likely, but they might be too costly to be abused for such purpose.
The other one is cooling or duster spray cans that can be found in the electronics parts and tools stores, although duster sprays may contain only common compressed air, which is useless for this purpose.

You would definitely have to look carefully at the labels on the spray cans anyway.
minny
I don't have dents on my car but I do have some paint marks most likely from the same reason: someone touched my car when he/she opened the door. Any advice for this issue ?
Muttley
QUOTE(valentin.dumitran @ 20 May 2007, 15:46)

I've seen some kind of dusting spray in METRO. It was in the notebook aile. The next time I'll read the label in search of it's CO2 content icon_mrgreen.gif
deconectat
I don't think it is, but I'll take a look. I found CO2 sprays at Adelaida. When I'll need something from them maybe I'll order one.
Muttley
Bought it! icon_mrgreen.gif
192 RON in Metro. A friend of mine has just bumped a door on his Logan. How convenient!!! radmasa.gif
These days we'll try it out. But we're still short of one hair dryer and a socket to put it in happy.gif

driverx
If you spent 192 RON on CO2, then i think you can easily buy a small generator and then you will solve the socket problem. radmasa.gif

Did you explained the drawbacks of this method? Is your friend aware of these?

..geez..are you serious?
Muttley
Damn, I never learn! dry.gif 19.2 RONs... blush.gif

What drawback? There's no drawback at all. Just a little spray and you get a brand new car, even better than when it came out of the factory, because the body will become more stretched. laugh.gif

Seriousely, he saw the movie and he can hardly wait to try it.

PS: did I mentioned that he has CASCO??? radmasa.gif So nev'mind those drawbacks of yours, they're free of charge. happy.gif
martin245
Send us photographs of before and after if you can !
We are all waiting for your Test results 053.gif
Stu
driverx
..and organize them nicely...BEFORE and AFTER.
Muttley
News flash...

This friend of mine asked me to buy him the CO2 can. He told me on the phone that he had a crash, and as a result he was left with a broken door.

A few hours ago I've first saw the "big damage". And where I was expecting to see a ruined door was only a small dent on the middle horizontal line of the car. It looks as if a bigger mosquito had a head-on collision with his door. It's almost unnoticeable... sad.gif And because of that middle rib I'm afraid that our procedure won't do him any good. Still, he's eager to try it. And as I won't be there when he'll attempt the quick fix, I will ask him to take some pictures for you guys.

Sorry for the "bad" news sleep.gif
driverx
In this case, we do not accept pictures anymore, but instead we accept videos. Under this conditions we will accept your mistake not to be present when the experiment will be made....
Muttley
Another "latest info" radmasa.gif

It's not the dent I've seen. It's another one, under the trim of the right front door, a long nice dent. I haven't noticed it because the car was dirty blush.gif .He has rubbed his Logan against the rear bumper of a parked car, a small Daewoo Tico.

If all goes well, I hope you'll get your pictures (/movie), in about a week or so.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.