Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Cooling system liquid(s)
DaciaClub - Forum Dacia > English Corner > Dacia Logan English Corner
Aleksandar
A question for all Dacia drivers: which coolant is used in Dacia Logan's engine?
I read that initially it comes with the Romanian Glaceol but I am curious if ELF's coolants can be added into the system at the later stage of usage e.g. Glacelf series and Coolelf series. If so, which one should/can/must be used?

Thanks in advance,

sarktib
Hello,

1.4 MPI K7J and 1.6 MPI K7M: 4.5 liter Glaceol RX Type D
1.6 16v K4M and 1.5 dCi K9K: 5.45 liter Glaceol RX Type D
einstein1984
Glaceol isn't a Romanian brand, it's used for all Renault vehicles (and it does it's job just fine). As with engine oils, you really should not mix different brands inside the system. If you do want to switch to elf coolant, you should empty the system and fill it with elf coolant mixed with the right amount of demineralized or distilled water.
Aleksandar
Thanks for quick explanations.

This means that the coolants should not be mixed even if it is the case of adding only a small amount (in order to maintain the level between the Min and Max)?
einstein1984
You should use Glaceol RX. But if that is not available, a little bit of elf coolant or distilled water won't do any damage. Check the system for leaks, cooling fluid just doesn't disappear!
Boris
QUOTE(Aleksandar @ 6 Aug 2007, 12:29)
Thanks for quick explanations.

This means that the coolants should not be mixed even if it is the case of adding only a small amount (in order to maintain the level between the Min and Max)?

Well in general you should not mix coolants, at least I think I read something like that somewhere.

What's the whole deal with using only one type of coolant? Doesn't that sound like a marketing trick a bit?
einstein1984
Well, some components might not agree with eachother if you mix them. There is also a little bit of marketing involved.
martin245
Info for you all
Stu
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.