Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Dacia 1310/1984 - 5° gearbox?
DaciaClub - Forum Dacia > English Corner > Other Dacia Models
Jiri89
Hello,
my name is George and I´m from Czech Republic. I have the opportunity to buy Dacia 1310 from year 1984, but there is a one small problem - because I want this car use a "daily car" I need 5° gearbox in it. What i found, original gearbox is only 4° and other informations are not credible. Somebody wrote, gearbox is fully interchangeable with Dacia 1410 5° gearbox - is it truth? Or what type of gearbox I can use?

Thanx, George
bucatzel
Hey George.

Yes, you can easily exchange a 4 gear gearbox with a 5 gear gearbox.

The only thing is that 5 gear ones use only short driveshafts (65 cm length) while 4 gear one use both short ones or long ones (66 cm length, mainly on older models). Your car, being a '84, should be using short ones, but there have been cases where a car had the other type mounted long after being retired from production.

Anyway, even if you have the long driveshaft model, you can change the gearbox, just that you have to change the driveshafts as well.

Also, the connecting underpinnings need to be changed, as they differ on these gearboxes, and you need to hammer the floor upwards a bit in one spot, because there's a place where the 5 gear gearbox touches the floor, if it's mounted instead of a 4 gear gearbox.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.